103

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆ | they were all home | ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

real life | los angeles
westwood academy
- october 21st, 2044

          "SOLANA HAS stayed consistent with nothing below a B, of course," The guidance counselor, Ms. Elena Henry, told Sophia and Andrew as the three sat at the desk in her office for conferences. Conferences at Westwood always started with the guidance counselor, and if needed parents could go speak to the other teachers. "I will say, Estella had improved greatly. Her grades are higher than they've ever been, so tell her to keep up the good work. However, I am worried about Celeste."

"Why?" Sophia asked back immediately while anxiety clearly dripped from her voice. Andrew slipped his hand into hers, rubbing her palm with his thumb softly to try and calm her.

"Not about her grades, Ms. Garfield. Celeste's grades and test scores are exceptional. Many teachers believe she will be valedictorian. Your daughter is very bright, and she always has been, but my concern isn't academic," Elena explained and Andrew and Sophia glanced at each other. "Solana is heavily involved in the fashion program here and volunteers for the photography club plenty while Estella essentially runs the music program. Celeste just always heads straight home once classes end. So many of her friends stay after school for extracurriculars—"

"Celeste is at Lorenzo Dance Academy four to five days a week. She is at practice, she teaches classes to younger students, she's already beginning to prepare for her second to last competition season. There is no reason to be worried about her," Andrew replied sternly as he squeezed Sophia's hand. "We know she's not as social as her sisters. She's much more introverted— But she's fine."

•••

real life | los angeles
the garfield house
- october 21st, 2044

           "HEY LITTLE SKY," Solana peeked her head into Celeste's room that night. Their parents were still at conferences and Estella was on her way back from dinner with their Aunt Taylor. Celeste sat on the carpet in a split, leaning over her math homework. "I'll drive all of us to school tomorrow, yeah? So we can all arrive home together to see Luna."

"Sounds good." Celeste nodded with an excited smile. "Applebees after?"

"Duh, Moony already called to book it," Solana replied before titling her head at her little sister. "How are you about the article, Cel?"

"You saw that, huh?" Celeste joked and Solana gave her a look. "I'm fine, Sol. It was nothing bad."

"It was something though," Solana shrugged before playfully blowing her sister a kiss. "Goodnight, Angel."

"Goodnight, Sunny."

•••

real life | los angeles
LAX airport
- october 22nd, 2044

  SQUEEZING ANDREW'S HAND, Sophia sat next to her husband, waiting excitedly for Lunalyn in the Private Suit terminal of the LAX airport. Andrew smiled at his wife before showing her his phone, "Look who's already waiting outside the house."

"Is that Theo's car?" Sophia glanced down at the security camera footage from the front door of the house. There in the driveway sat Theo Styles' Audi that had been parked there so many times before. "Adorable."