𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆ | it wasn't a lie | ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆
we are the moon
& the sun

real life | barranquilla, colombia
the wedding reception
- july 16th, 2022

         I DO'S WERE exchanged, Sergio and Anna sealed it with a kiss, and the reception began. People were drinking, food was being passed around, and the dance floor was already crowded. Sergio and Anna were on the dance floor with other relatives— Meanwhile Sophia had a glass of wine in her hand as she sat next to Laila and Minnie at her table. Minnie was explaining how Harry wanted her to come join him on tour because he missed her. (It's been over a month since they last saw each other.)

"He loved you Min, of course he wants you there." Sophia replied, taking a sip of her wine.

"It all just depends on if you want to go," Laila shrugged. "If you want to, we'll make it work. We make it work for Sophia and the acting jobs. You can run Girl Talk LLC from the road, Ms. CEO."

The three laughed and Laila continued to go on while Sophia's attention was drawn to Andrew. He was standing in the grass field away from the party with his phone next to his ear. His free hand ran over his face frustratedly while he spoke into the phone.

Biting her lip, Sophia titled her head as her mind thought quickly. Harry loved Minnie. He loved her so much that he flew back to Los Angeles whenever he could to see her. All while he's performing multiple shows a week.

Sergio loved Anna enough to switch around his hours at work so he could take her out on dates when she didn't have class. Even it meant he had to work ungodly hours during the night.

Her grandmother and her grandfather loved each other so much that they rearranged their entire lives when they were nineteen to be together. They made room for each other.

Andrew saw Sophia once and the next time they saw each other, he invited her to New York City just so they could spend an hour and a half alone. He kept a single flower from every single bouquet he's ever given her so he knew when was the next time he had to get her a bouquet. He listened to a nearly two hour podcast just so he could learn more about her.

They rearranged their schedules constantly to see each other. They made room for each other. Andrew and Sophia loved each other. Their lives weren't too different— They were intertwined.

Standing up slowly, Sophia looked away from Andrew and met eyes with Laila and Minnie, "I'll be right back."

Minnie gave the girl an encouraging smile and Laila nodded, "Get your future husband back, bitch."

Smoothing out her dress, Sophia looked at her feet as she walked towards Andrew. As she approached him, he shoved his phone back into his pocket and Sophia called out, "That was Ben?"

Andrew froze at the sound of her voice. She was talking to him. His heart raced rapidly as he turned around, desperate to find his voice.

"Yes, yeah," Andrew managed to say, turning around to face her. He didn't meet her eyes, staring at the ground with her. "He was talking some sense into me."

"Did it work?" Sophia asked softly and Andrew didn't say anything. She let out a shaky breath, holding in her tears again before daring to speak louder, "Was it a complete lie when you told me I was the 'love of your life'?"

"Sophia—" Andrew tried to interject.

"Was it a lie?" She asked again, taking a few steps closer towards him. Sophia titled her head before gently placing a hand on his face, forcing him to meet her eyes.

And when he did finally meet her eyes, Andrew felt his heart skip a beat. Fuck, she was so beautiful. He hadn't looked at her since they met eyes during the ceremony. Even with teary eyes and a quivering lip, Sophia stood in front of him, looking absolutely perfect.

More importantly, she placed her gentle hand on his face and all of sudden Andrew was home. Everything was okay because Sophia was simply touching him and he was looking into the eyes of the person that was his home. Shaking his head, Andrew tried to hold back his tears before he whispered, "No. No, it wasn't a lie."

"When you think about your future, what do you see?" Sophia whispered back as her other hand cupped the other side of his face. "Andrew."

"Us," Andrew admitted, closing his eyes for a moment. "I see you in a white dress. Your hair is curled perfectly in the way I like it— The way it was curled on our first date. We're in Madrid. The venue is outside."

"My grandma would be very happy about that." Sophia couldn't help but grin softly at his words.

"Oh, she's thrilled," Andrew replied sarcastically with a small smile as his hand hovered over her waist out of instinct.

"What else?"

"You, pregnant. Us, parents. We have a little girl, and her name is Luna," Andrew told her.

"Lunalyn. There needs to be a piece of your mom too." Sophia corrected as she guided his hand to her waist. She felt her heart stop for a moment when his hand finally touched her body again. He was with her again. She was okay again. Her heart was here with her.

"Perfect," Andrew whispered with a lovesick grin as his arm wrapped her waist. He wanted her closer. "You know what else I see? You and I, obnoxiously in love with each other for the rest of our fucking lives. We're going to be that couple that annoys people with how happy we are. We're going to be wrinkly and old and still madly in love with each other. I am going to be in love with you until the day I die, Sophia Luna Rivera, because you are the love of my life and I meant it."

"I know," Sophia grinned with a shrug before resting her forehead against his. "You're the love of my life, Andrew Garfield. We are meant to be together— No one will convince me otherwise, not even you. We're the Moon and the Sun— We're meant to be together."

"I'm sorry." Andrew apologized as his big brown eyes filled with tears. "I'm so sorry, my love."

Shaking her head, Sophia gave him a smile, "It's okay. You don't get to tell me what I want, okay? Because you're what I want. We are what I want. We're not too different, neither are our lives. We make room for each other because we love each other. You're my path."

"Did you seriously just quote Spider-Man to me right now?"

"You did it first."

"That was fucked of me, wasn't it?"

"So fucked."