𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆ | the oscars, | ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆
again

real life | los angeles
the tonight show
-march 8th, 2024

         "TO CELEBRATE OSCARS weekend, we have a very special guest tonight," Jimmy Fallon announced to the audience excitedly. "She's never been on our show before, but it's about time— Please welcome Sophia Luna!"

The entrance door opened and Sophia grinned immediately, walking through the door. She waved to the audience before hugging Jimmy and sitting down in her seat, "Hi."

"Hello, you look great!" Jimmy complimented her.

"Thank you so much, thank you for having me, I'm so excited to be here." Sophia replied gratefully.

"Of course, of course, we figured it's about time to have you on because in two days— It's the biggest night for Hollywood, but it's also the biggest night for you because you are nominated for an Oscar," Jimmy nodded his head before the audience broke out in cheers and screams. Sophia smiled, turning her head to face the audience for a moment as everything truly settled in.

"Oh my god, every time someone says that— I've been hearing it so much lately because the show is literally in two days, but every time someone says that I get like a bolt of electricity." Sophia explained as she laughed slightly. "I'm honestly still in so much disbelief. It's crazy."

"But absolutely well deserved. So you're nominated for Best Actress in a Leading Role for your incredible performance in 'To the Children of Spanish Speakers,'" Jimmy said and Sophia nodded happily. "A movie that had one of the best opening weekend numbers of the year, nominated for multiple awards including an Oscar nomination for Best Picture, and the movie made a billion dollars in two weeks. November was a crazy month for you, huh?"

"November was insane, my life was changed. I had been working on this project with my amazing co-director, Liliana Consuelos, for years and just the simplest feeling of people actually going to see the movie was enough for us," Sophia explained as she tried not to get emotional. "But the fact that it passed all these milestones and is nominated for all these awards is truly overwhelming. Lili and I were just grateful that Latin and Hispanic stories were finally being seen and told."

"You and Liliana truly did something marvelous, you should be very proud," Jimmy complimented. "So nominated for an Oscar...and engaged— Which one's better?"

A laugh left Sophia's lips as she shook her head, "I can't answer that, Andrew is watching this at my house as we speak."

"Take that as you will," Jimmy joked and Sophia giggled with a shrug. "But congratulations on the engagement, you must be so excited. When's the wedding?"

"Soon, it's very soon, and you're so right, I'm very excited— We both are." Sophia confirmed with a smile.

"So you're becoming a Garfield— Wait, we shouldn't assume, are you taking his last name?"

"I am taking his last name," Sophia nodded with a shrug before looking at the audience. "For those who don't know, my given name is Sophia Rivera, Luna is my middle name. I am not really attached to Rivera, at all, because Luna means so much more to me and I've been going by Sophia Luna for so long— So I am very excited to be a Garfield."

"So as for your middle name, I am told you are named after your grandmother, is that true?" Jimmy asked.

"Yes, very true, I am proudly named after my grandmother Luna," Sophia grinned just at the mention of her Abuela. "She is the best person in the entire world, I owe everything I am to her and I tell her that constantly. She is the reason I am sitting here today, I love her so much."