𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆ | time to go face  | ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆
the wolves

real life | cartagena, colombia
some airport in cartagena
- july 11th, 2022

           "SHE'S TOTALLY freaking out." Minnie whispered to Andrew and Laila as they three of them stood behind Sophia in the aisle of the airplane. The plane had just landed in Cartagena, Colombia on Monday, July 11th. There was six days until Sergio's wedding, but they had arrived in advance (At Sergio's request) for all the pre-wedding festivities.

"Totally." Laila agreed with a nod and Andrew glanced before the two girls before his eyes landed on Sophia, who was trying to pull her suitcase off from the upper compartment. Andrew reached over her, pulling her carry-on suitcase out and placing it by her side.

He grabbed Sophia's hand, pulling her towards him before she could walk away. Turning her head, Sophia met eyes with her boyfriend. Andrew's heart fell when Sophia's sage eyes were drowning in terror and anxiety. He placed a hand on her face, whispering, "Breathe with me?"

"I don't know if I can do that." Sophia mumbled back, shaking her head as the group made their way out of the plane. Laila and Minnie exchanged a worried look and Andrew caught Sophia's hand once more.

"Sophia, breathe with me." Andrew said in a more stern tone once the four of them were in the baggage claim part of the Cartagena airport. Sophia turned around, reluctantly meeting her boyfriend's eyes. She held her breath as he stepped closer to her, holding both of her hands. Andrew took a deep breath, giving her a look to follow his actions.

Looking away from the two, Laila and Minnie met eyes. They exchanged a look and Minnie whispered, "He's good with her."

"Obviously." Laila replied in a whisper as well. "That's good."

"Do you think he's asking for our blessing soon?" Minnie asked softly.

"Are you fucking insane? They've been dating for seven months!" Laila reminded the redhead in a harsh whisper.

"My parents got married after three." Minnie defended.

"Your parents were drugged-up all the time." Laila replied.

"At least mine actually loved each other." Minnie fired back before the two cracked smiled, laughing. Laila linked an arm through Minnie's before turning to Sophia and Andrew again.

"It's all going to be fine, I promise." Andrew told Sophia softly, his thumbs rubbing the tops of her hands. Sophia let out a shaky breath, her heart slowing down as she relaxed.

"I haven't spoken to my mother in eight months— Or my dad. I've barely spoken to Gabriel. We're in Colombia, where my mother was born, which means all of her family is here and going to be at the wedding. And I know my mother has definitely shit-talked me to them," Sophia rambled as Andrew tried to calm her down, noticing her breathes were picking up pace. "I can't do this, Drew."

"My love, there won't be a moment where Minnie, Laila, and I won't be by your side. You brought me, your boyfriend who rather die then see anyone disrespect the love of my life, and you brought the peacemaker and your guard-dog." Andrew explained to her and Sophia couldn't help but smile. 'The love of my life.' She glanced to the peacemaker and the guard-dog in question, grinning at the sight of her two best friends. "I promise you, you won't be alone, and you especially won't be alone with your mother at any point. I won't let them disrespect you, darling, not on my watch."