𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆ | the wedding | ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

real life | los angeles
girl talk house
-march 16th, 2024

"LAI, YOU OKAY? What's up?" Sophia called softly after the brunette as her and Minnie walked on to the balcony that connected to Laila's room. The Lee girl sat on the ground, her feet dangling off the balcony and she turned to her best friends. And for what seems like the 8th time in their friendship, Laila Lee was crying.

"Hey, hey, what's up?" Minnie whispered while she and Sophia sat down so Laila was in between them. They immediately wrapped their arms around her, crushing her a hug. Laila let out a watery laugh, and Sophia could tell she was holding back a sob.

"Tell us what's going on, Lai." Sophia begged her softly as she squeezed her lovingly.

"I just can't believe tomorrow is really happening," Laila managed to speak before she stopped to hold in a sob. She turned to Sophia, "We're really moving you out of this house tomorrow."

Feeling tears rise up to her eyes, Sophia felt her heart break at her words. Tomorrow, the three of them, Andrew, Harry, and Hailee were moving all of Sophia's stuff out of the Girl Talk house and into the house she and Andrew bought. Andrew turned in the keys to his apartment tomorrow as well, as he was moving in the last of his stuff tomorrow.

"Yeah," Sophia mumbled before wiping her tears, but more just drowned her eyes. "Yeah, it's really surreal."

Minnie nodded in agreement while her blue eyes grew watery. Laila sighed as she turned to look at the house, "You're getting married in two weeks. We leave for Spain in a week, and when we get back, you'll go on your honeymoon— But when you come back, we won't live together anymore. You'll be living with your husband."

"God, that's crazy." Minnie scoffed in disbelief as she grinned, leaning against her best friends.

"You think that's crazy, Min? You're having a kid in September! You and Harry are looking at houses and soon you'll buy one. You'll be married in like three months and moved out as well, and I'll be the only one left in this house." Laila rambled before letting out a shaky breath. She wiped her tears, "I don't know if I'm ready to not live with you two."

"Me neither, Lai," Sophia whispered in agreement.

"God, do you remember when we bought this place?" Minnie asked with a smile and the three laughed before they turned around. Their heads all titled up, looking at the house they've in for the last seven years. "We were only twenty years old."

"Babies." Laila scoffed and Sophia giggled with a nod. "They had no idea what was coming for them."

"Do you remember the night where we were sitting in our kitchen at our shitty apartment and Minnie told us we had more then enough money to live comfortably?" Sophia reminded the pair.

"Oh my god, I was making a cup of ramen noodles in the microwave—Which was all we ate in that apartment—And I found a roach," Laila rambled with a roll of her eyes. "And what did I say?"

"First thing we're doing is moving the fuck out of here!" Sophia and Minnie shouted in unison before the three giggled.

"Since we've moved to LA, we've only ever lived together," Laila whispered as her face fell again. "How does Girl Talk exist when we don't live together?"

"Lai, once Pia and I move out, we're both going to be here still at least two times a week." Minnie assured the girl.

"Our podcast studio is in this house! Minnie's office is here, I've never not filmed a self-tape in this house. This place is our home. It's the heart of Girl Talk, this place," Sophia explained with a grin. "Andrew and I's house is a five minute drive, ten minute walk away from here. Minnie and I are still going to have beds here in case we ever want to stay over."