eleven

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆ | my heart races | ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆
around you

real life | los angeles
andrew garfield's apartment
- november 22nd, 2021

        RUNNING OVER TO the front door of his apartment, Andrew opened the door and grinned when he saw Sophia standing there with a brown paper bag and her perfect smile. Andrew laughed, grabbing her hand and pulling her into the apartment, "What do you have there, love?"

"A surprise." Sophia teased and Andrew grinned back, kissing the girl's cheek in greeting. She wore black flared leggings, a tight white crop top, and a fuzzy sweater as Andrew took her jacket  to go hang it up. Meanwhile Andrew had black sweatpants and a grey hoodie— They both agreed to dress comfy because they were watching a movie of Sophia's choice. "I'm culturing you today, Drew."

Letting out a laugh, Andrew's heart rate picked up. That was the first time she called him, "Drew." And he loved it. He shook his head as the pair walked further into the apartment, "How so, Moony?"

"Well—" Sophia began to say before her eyes landed on a small vase that had a single pink rose in it. "Is that from my bouquet?"

"Yeah," Andrew nodded with a small smile. "It's so I know when I have to get you a new bouquet."

Sophia turned to him with a lovesick grin. She wrapped his arms around his torso and Andrew laughed, gladly hugging her back tightly. Sophia mumbled into his shoulder, "You're so sweet."

"Only for you." Andrew assured her with a smirk and took the brown paper bag from her hand. "Now, seriously, what do you have in here?"

"This is from Camila's Bakery in West Hollywood," Sophia answered as Andrew opened the bag. "It's a Colombian baker and I've known Camila for years because when I first moved to LA this was the only place where I could get a little taste of home-- Because in Miami, there's every food from every Latin country there. I was used to be surroundings by Hispanics and my culture."

"Wait, so you were born in Madrid, so was your dad, but your mom isn't Spanish?" Andrew questioned.

"She's Cuban and Colombian. She was born in Bogota, but she moved to Madrid to be with my dad." Sophia clarified with a small smile. "Best love story ever."

"For now," Andrew mumbled to himself before reaching into the bag, pulling out 2 small bottles. "Explica."

"Muy bien," Sophia complimented with a giggle and grabbed the bottles. "Jugo de Mora, and jugo de lulo. Blackberry juice and Lulo is kind of like an orange-- It's a citrus-y fruit that I don't know what it is in English, but I promise it's good."

"Okay, I'm choosing to believe you." Andrew shrugged.

"Now, I brought a lot of pastries, because I want to take you to actual restaurant for entrees and all that. It's an experience." Sophia explained and began pointing at different pastries. "Empanadas, probably the most mainstream, but they're delicious. I brought three different kinds: Cheese, Beef, Chicken. This pan de bono, it's like a sweet cornstarch bread and this is my brother Sergio's favorite thing in the whole world. Then that's pan de queso, which is like sweet bread but with salty cheese, that's Gabriel's favorite."

"Which one is your favorite?" Andrew asked.

An excited smile rose to Sophia's face as she held up another pastry, "This is an arepa de queso. It's also made with corn flour and has cheese inside it. You can put like butter, or ham, or literally whatever on this. Mattias and I just like it with butter though."