𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆ | engagement era | ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

real life | los angeles
wedding dress store
-may 7th, 2023

       TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY, because Sophia was wedding dress shopping. She had already done three other days of shopping the week before, tried on plenty of dresses, but hadn't found anything. But Sophia had a good feeling about today because of the entourage who came with her to try on dresses today.

Of course, Laila Lee being herself, had booked out the whole store for the entire day so Sophia could take as long as she want and bring as many people as she wanted. So today's crew was Laila and Minnie of course, and then Alisha, Lauren, Mia, Remi, Lola Avila, and Nina Candella (who Sophia had gotten very close with whilst filming To The Children of Spanish Speakers, which had just wrapped filming last week.)

Then, to celebrate Sophia finishing filming and for the engagement party (which was next week), Luna, Brisa, Kruz, Xavier, Daniella, and Leya all flew in from Spain to spend time with the blonde for a few weeks. So of course, Luna, Leya, Brisa, and Daniella all came with to wedding dress shopping.

"Alright, first dress!" Laila shouted loudly as she helped Sophia's out of the dressing room in the first dress of the day. All the girls clapped and cheered as she walked out. Minnie helped her on to the platform which was in front of the mirror so Sophia could see her reflection in the dress.

"What do you think?" Alice, the store employee who was helping them out today, asked Sophia with a friendly smile.

"It's very poofy." Sophia said softly, turning around to look at the back of the dress. Laila stifled at her words, trying not to laugh. "I feel like a cupcake."

"Wearing a gown shaped like a pastry!" Lola sang jokingly and the group laughed.

"Speak Now: Taylor's Version out July 7th!" Sophia yelled, clapping her hands while spinning in her dress playfully. "I can't believe I was there."

"You think I was gonna let you miss that?" Lola asked and Sophia smiled at her friend.

"Okay next, let's go!" Laila rushed Sophia into the dressing room. "We're finding the dress today!"

•••

         "GOOD MORNING, LOVE, well, good afternoon for you," Andrew told Sophia over FaceTime whilst the blonde sat on the couch in the dress store with a Chipotle bowl in her lap. Andrew was in London filming his new movie, We Live in Time, but he would be coming home temporarily the following week for the engagement party. "How's dress shopping?"

"Sucky," Sophia replied sadly and Andrew frowned at her voice. "I tried on 11 dresses in the morning and didn't like anything. I went shopping for three days last week and flopped. We're on lunch break right now before we try on some more."

"Don't be sad, baby," Andrew told her, trying to make her smile. "You'll find something, I know it."

"Why am I so picky?" Sophia whined, rolling her eyes. "I hate everything!"

"You have taste!" Andrew reminded her and Sophia giggled, shaking her head. "There she is, I missed your smile."

"I miss you." Sophia whispered, trying not to grow emotional. She sat up, staring down at her phone.