𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆ | you can marry | ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆
them when...

real life | los angeles
lax airport
- february 3rd, 2022

WHEN THEY WERE drunk, Sophia, Laila, and Minnie liked to play a game called, "You Can Marry Them When..." This game eventually turned into a shared list in their notes app. It was a list of requirements and situations that let the girls know they had found the one. (Or not)

"#13: You Can Marry Them When... You can get through airport security and on an airplane with them peacefully."

Sophia could happily report, she could marry Andrew. She smiled, looking up from her phone to see Andrew pulling both of their suitcases across the LAX terminals. The two had made it through security easily. They were pre-checked so they didn't have to remove their masks, hats, and sunglasses to save them from getting recognized.

This peaceful experience truly reminded Sophia that her and Andrew were perfect for each other. He sensed immediately when she was getting stressed, and she did during security. From there, Andrew would take her passport and take over after reminding the girl to breathe.

Other moments Andrew would begin to get anxious over their safety or them getting recognized. Then Sophia would hold his hand, give him a calm grin, and told him that they were fine.

Andrew would never admit it, but all Sophia had to do was smile at him for him to calm down.

Now the couple sat in the private first class part of the plane, on the way to their little weekend getaway. Andrew managed to get the two of them through security without Sophia finding out their destination. All she knew is that the destination was hot as Laila had helped her pack a bunch of swimsuits, sundresses, and other summer clothes.

"Babe," Sophia whispered, lifting her head up from Andrew's shoulder and glancing up at him. The man looked up from his book, meeting eyes with his girlfriend, who also had a book in her lap. "Where are we going?"

"Not telling you, Moony." Andrew smirked down at her, kissing the top of her head. Sophia sighed, smiling at her boyfriend before going back to reading her book: The Spanish Love Deception.

A little while later, Andrew ran his fingers gently through Sophia's hair, whispering, "Darling, wake up."

"Are we here?" Sophia opened her eyes.

"Attention passengers, we have made it to our destination. Welcome to Mexico," The flight attendant said over the microphone to the entire plane and Sophia's eyes widened. "Bienvenido a Mexico."

"Surprise." Andrew told her, smiling at her and Sophia laughed excitedly. "I want to take you to Spain to see your grandma and your extended family because I know you have a much better relationship with them— But four days isn't enough time. And Minnie and Laila told me—"

"We always spend a week or two in Spain during the summer." Sophia finished and Andrew nodded. "They invited you to come with us, didn't they?"

"Yes, the four of us still have to talk about it, but I will be going," Andrew nodded, kissing her cheek. "Promise."

•••