102

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆ | any publicity is | ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆
good publicity

real life | los angeles
westwood academy
- october 21st, 2044

"ACCORDING TO sources, Celeste is much more shy than all her other older sisters," Hayes Steinfeld-Lee read the article off his phone as he leaned against the lockers next to Celeste Garfield. Celeste took a deep breath, trying not to get frustrated as she shoved a book in her locker. "She apparently does very well academically in school—"

Slamming her locker door closed, Celeste glared at her best friend, "Shut up, Hayes."

"Oh come on, Sky," Hayes pushed himself off the lockers, looking at the blonde. The tall boy took two strides to catch up to her, placing a hand on her shoulder, "Don't let this shit bother you. You know better than that."

"I never get published in anything. They always focus on Luna or Sol," Celeste mumbled as she felt anxiety grow in her chest. "So, when there's a piece on me and Estella—"

"It blows up." Hayes finished her sentence and Celeste reluctantly nodded. "It'll be okay, Sky. Nothing's gonna change just because you got an article. Your parents will make sure of it. I'll make sure of it."

"How many people have read it?" Celeste asked as she looked up at the tall boy. Meeting her green eyes, Hayes' face softened as his heart clenched.

"You know I love you too much to tell you." He replied back and both of them froze, looking at each other— Waiting for the other to make a move.

"Celeste!" Stoermer Holland shouted in the hallways as she ran towards her two best friends. Her dark curly hair bounced as she moved and grabbed Celeste's shoulders. "I just read the article."

"So did the rest of the school." Nikita Holland added as she and Estella Garfield walked up to the trio.

"Niki." Estella scolded her best friend, sending her a glare. "It's not that bad, Cel."

"It's good press for you," Celeste smirked softly at her twin sister. Estella was a natural at the spotlight. She was a star. The star. "The album announcement will sure make headlines now."

"If only Mami and Dad actually let me release it." Estella replied as she linked arm with Celeste. "Come on, Grant and Ro are waiting for us all."

Holding in a breath, Celeste followed her sister and her friends into the grand cafeteria of Westwood Academy. They passed the usual groups: the sons and daughters of sports players, the next generation of rappers, the Kardashian off-spring (Gen 3 or 4) by now) before finally settling to their usual table. Grant Swift-Kelce and Rowan Ackerley were already sitting down.

As always, Grant's eyes followed Estella's every move, and as usual, the blonde just smirked back and pretended not to notice. Rowan grinned, leaning towards Celeste with his phone is his hand, "They chose a decent photo at least, Cee."

"How about no more talking about the article?" Hayes proposed before pushing Celeste's water bottle in her direction so she's turn away from Rowan's gaze. Celeste blinked, nodding her head before resting her head on Stoermer's shoulder.

Growing up the way she did, Celeste could feel eyes on her in her sleep. She knew everyone in the cafeteria had eyes on her and Estella right now, and she hated it.