𝐰𝐢𝐤𝐢𝐩𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐚

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆ | sophia's wikipedia page | ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

SOPHIA LUNA RIVERA

BORN: February 1st, 1997 (Age: 24)
PLACE OF BIRTH: Madrid, Spain
OCCUPTATION: YouTuber • Actress
FAMILY: Santiago Rivera — Father (50)
Angelica Rivera — Mother (48)
Dr. Gabriel Rivera — Brother (31)
Dr. Sergio Rivera — Brother (29)
Dr. Matias Rivera — Brother (27)

Sophia Luna Rivera (born February 1st, 1997) is a Spanish Actress and YouTuber. She is known for being in multiple well-known telenovelas and for her content on her channel, Sophia Luna, which is also her stage name. She currently has over 9.2 million subscribers on YouTube.

PERSONAL LIFE & CAREER:

Rivera was born in Madrid, Spain to Santiago and Angelina Rivera. Her mother is Colombian-Cuban while her father is Spanish. Rivera is the youngest of four, and the only daughter as she has three older brothers. Her mother was a nurse and her father worked in finance.

From a very young age, Rivera showed an active interest in acting. Her parents eventually got her into acting as a child for telenovelas, with her father being able to travel around for her roles. Rivera grew to have a successful career as a child actor, but her roles in telenovelas took a pause when her family moved to the United States when she was 14.

Her parents moved them and their children to the United States just as Rivers's eldest brother, Gabriel was finishing highschool. He was able to go to university in the United States and started his journey in the medical field— A path that his two other brothers followed as well.

Rivera has spoken about how her parents wanted her to follow in her brothers' footsteps and pursue the medical field, but she chose otherwise. She started her YouTube channel when she was 17, vlogging her life with her friends and making lifestyle videos. Rivera managed to convince her parents to let her postpone university for one year so she could try to make a career out of her YouTube channel.

At 18, she moved to Los Angeles and shared an apartment with other friends and fellow YouTubers, Laila Lee and Minnette Rogers. All three of their YouTube channels became incredibly successful, and the three are still best friends and live in a house together.

In 2020, Rivera, Rogers, and Lee launched their podcast, Girl Talk, which is the name is based on a segment all three of them had been doing on their YouTube channel since they were 18. From there, they launched Glam Talk, in 2021, which is when they interview celebrities on the red carpet. In 2021, they also launched Rapid Rendezvous, a segment where the three take fellow influencers and celebrities on dates and interview them. All three of these segments on the girls' shared YouTube channel, Girl Talk, which currently has 12.5 million subscribers.