nine

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆ | brunch full of flirting | ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆
& adoration

real life | los angeles
the girl talk house
- november 21th, 2021

      RINGING THE DOORBELL, Andrew ran a hand through his hair as he stood in front of the door to Sophia, Laila, and Minnie's house. He tried his best not to be nervous— They were just going out to eat. This wasn't a date. Not yet. When? Who know?

"Garfield." Andrew turned around at the sound of not Sophia's voice. He put on a friendly smile as he saw Laila Lee standing in the doorway with her arms crossed and a stern look.

"Laila," Andrew grinned, relaxing slightly. "Hi, it's nice to meet you officially."

"Laila Madeline Lee, take that dirty look off your face please!" Another voice called and Minette Rogers showed up in the doorway. She gave Andrew a friendly smile, opening the door further, "Andrew, hi! It's so nice to meet you! I'm Minette, you can call me Minnie, please come in."

"Nice to meet you too, thank you," Andrew spoke as he entered the house with a smile.

"Lulu, Andrew's here!" Minnie called up the stairs that were to the right of when one entered the house.

"Oh god," Andrew could hear Sophia sigh from upstairs. "I'll be down in three minutes, I'm so sorry!"

"Don't worry about it, Moony. Take your time!" Andrew called back before turning to look at his surroundings. The entire house smelt of pretty fragrance and flowers. Right in front of the door, there was a nice table with a mirror above it that Andrew recognized from Sophia's Instagram stories. The table was decorated with a bouquet of flowers and different picture frames.

"That's Sophia," Minnie pointed at a gold square from that had a photo of a blonde little girl and three boys surrounding her. "And those are her brothers."

"Three brothers?" Andrew assumed and Minnie and Laila nodded. He bent down to look at the other frames and grinned, "You three look so young here."

"That was our first day in LA. In our first apartment." Laila replied, crossing her arms guardedly, but she still couldn't help but smile at the memory. The photo was of the three girls with wide smiles and bottles of celebratory champagne in their hands.

"I thought you three came here when you were 18?" Andrew questioned.

"We did," Minnie confirmed and smirked at Laila. "Lai and Soph flirted with some guy on the side of the street to buy the bottles of champagne for us."

"We were resourceful." Laila shrugged proudly.

"Andrew, do you want something to drink?" Minnie offered.

"Yes, water's fine, please." Andrew nodded before Minnie walked into the kitchen, leaving him and Laila. "You guys have a beautiful house."

"Thanks," Laila replied. "We all contributed on the decorating, but Sophia— She was so fucking excited when we bought the house. She had Pinterest boards made for how we should decorate every room, and she had a list of links in her notes app for decor or furniture. I know she has a new list for her next house, whether it's with us or— Yeah."