𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆ | 11:58, 11:59, 12:00 | ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆
happy birthday

real life | los angeles
the girl talk house
- january 31st, 2022

IT WAS January 31st, and it was 11:56 P.M. In four minutes, Sophia would be twenty-five years old. Her and Laila sat on the couch, watching Little Women (Laila promised that Sophia could pick the movie tonight) Minnie, on the other hand, was out on a date tonight, but she promised she would be back by midnight for Sophia.

But Sophia really didn't mind, she was happy Minnie was even going out on dates. Sophia hadn't spoken to Andrew all day. He said he had meetings all day and one audition, and unfortunately, the next day (Sophia's birthday) Rosie had a dance competition that Andrew promised he would attend months ago. So Andrew wouldn't be here for her birthday.

But Sophia was excited for her birthday nonetheless. Did she want her boyfriend with her? Yes, more than anything, but she understood. And it was okay! Sophia would spend her birthday with her best friends, who always did everything they could to make the day special, and then in the evening, they were going to have a nice dinner with their friends at the house.

Turning her head, Sophia glanced down at her phone, checking the time. 11:58. Minnie still wasn't here. Laila glanced at her best friend, speaking up, "She'll be here, Pia."

"It's okay, Lai," Sophia smiled with a shrug. "She's on a date, having fun. She deserves it."

11:59.

"Do you want ice cream? I can't put a candle in it because it'll melt, but we can sing anyways." Laila offered and Sophia nodded with a grin. The lock of the front door began to jiggle and Sophia turned around at the sound.

12:00

The door to the house opened and Sophia's eyes widened when Andrew walked into the house, holding a slice of cake with a candle with Minnie behind him. "Happy birthday to you.."

"Happy Birthday to you," Andrew, Laila, and Minnie all sang with smiles on their faces as Andrew carefully sat down on the couch next to Sophia with the cake. "Happy dear Sophia, happy birthday to you."

"Make a wish, Moony." Andrew told her softly and Sophia met eyes with her boyfriend, smiling with slight tears in her eyes. She leaned forward before blowing out the candle and the three around her cheered. Andrew placed the cake on the coffee table before taking Sophia in his arms, hugging her tightly. He kissed her cheek, whispering, "Happy birthday, my love."

"Thank you," Sophia whispered back, hugging him back as she tried not to cry. "I can't believe you're here."

"You didn't think I would miss your birthday, right?" Andrew questioned with a smile while wiping a tear that managed to escape from the girl's sage eyes.

"Happy birthday, bitch!" Laila screamed, hugging Sophia from behind with Minnie. "I love you!"

"Happy birthday, my Lulu," Minnie grinned, "We love you so fucking much."

•••

real life | los angeles
the girl talk house
- february 1st, 2022 (1:00 am ish)

"SO YOU know about the dinner, right?" Sophia asked as her and Andrew walked up the stairs, hand in hand to get ready for bed.

"Yes, Laila and Minnie gave me the run-down over text," Andrew nodded, wrapping an arm around her waist and pulling her towards him. "I'm excited— To meet your friends, to celebrate the most beautiful person to ever exist."

"Stop," Sophia blushed, shaking her head before tucking her face into his neck. Andrew laughed, cupping the back of her head. She pulled away, kissing his lips for a moment, "So you're okay with all my friends being there and seeing us?"

"Are you kidding me? I love being around you, and just showing people that you're mine," Andrew joked with a smile, nodding. "And you get to introduce as your boyfriend. What a day!"

Sophia laughed, leaning into him further, "Okay, we should go to sleep."

"Hey," Andrew pulled his girlfriend back to him, cupping her face. "Stay, sleep with me. Please?"

"Yes," Sophia nodded her head happily as their lips met once more and the two stumbled into the guest room.