42-Dern

A hidden fact that is not intended to be said out.

The last thing she could remember before blacking out was the minty scent of his breath fanning her mixed with the scent of his signature perfume, she didn't know how it happened but she zoned out while frying yam and got the house almost burned with smokes around.

Her chest tightened blocking all the airways in her body making her cough repeatedly as she forced herself towards the door to exit the house. Her eyes scarlet red when she opened to door and as if waiting for her to open the door, he was standing at her doorstep, she couldn't take it anymore choking on her breath while engulfing the darkness making her release her weight on him. The scent of his perfume mixed with minty breath waft her nose again as she blacked out destitute of breath.

Trying as much as possible to open her eyes as she had the continuous whispers in the room, it was like there were trying not to wake her up from her sleep, little do they know that she was struggling to open her eyes and let the light pass through her iris. Her brows furrowed with her eye lids heavier than it used to be until she finally succeeded in opening it.

The first person she saw was her mother sitting beside her with worried face making her turn away immediately, she was not in the mood to talk to her until she change her mind and seeing her in that mood made her want to change her mind  which she wouldn't dare to.

Turning to her left, a familiar figure was seated on an armchair, his genourous nose standing firmly in the middle of his face, the waved Arab hair giving off his identity as she brought her eyes back to his aquarium eyes filled with regret and pain as he forced his full lips to stretch into a smile. That smile reminded her of years back making her world come to a stand still as she realized the person before her. It was her father, he is back again to inflict pain in her. Although he've aged compared to how she knew him, he is still as handsome as she thought he was before he ceased being her favourite person.

Trapped in between two people she wanted to stay away from at the moment, she couldn't turn to her right nor to her left, so she did the only reasonable escape that she came out with_staring at the plane white ceiling with disgust as she tried hard to stop the upcoming headache, the two people staying in the room with her weren't making matters anyway better.

She wanted to have an alone time at the moment, a time she could be able to think over all the happenings in her life. It was barely up to three month but her life has changed drastically to an uneven direction, she really wanted to pin point that direction and know where her life was heading to.

The two people with her trying everything possible to invade her privacy by not letting her settle on one thought. She painfully scoffed hearing her father's slow and unsteady footsteps as he approached the hospital bed she was lying on.

He was still scenting the way she knew him, the scent of the sandalwood and Minty fragrance wafting her nostrils as he came closer. She wonders if he ever changed his perfume product but she felt choked to death at the moment instead of letting herself get consumed in the heavenly scent of his perfume, she've long prohibited herself from inhaling that particular contaminated air into her lungs.

" Ummuabiha...." He started and this time around making her to scoff louder than before, she so detested the name and now that it just came out from his lips, she couldn't detest it more. It was even more unreal and fake hearing it roll from his tongue.

He stopped mid sentence knowing the daughter he knew would plead all she could to hear him utter that name again, but that detesting scoff said it all and he couldn't hate himself more, he've become a monster to his daughter with no way out from it. He was lost of words to say or even where to start from, the reaction he was getting from her was making matters way worst which he couldn't blame her for. He deserves it after all.