34-Betrothed

Engaged to be married.

He banged his hand harshly on the table, the files scattering itself around while his phone meekly bounced on the table the moment he dropped it, how could a mere camera footage be giving them a hard time to retrieve, not knowing the type of people he hired to dig out the camera footage, he fisted his hand into a rageful ball. He've already swore in his mind of the consequences if his doubt was being cleared.

Retiring for the day with venomous steps, he exited the company using the private elevator as he ascend the car tutting on the ignition  while driving out as he threw a naira note to the begger on the road side, that should be the only means of peace to him at the moment, charity. It was the remedy that could only be found in the pharmacy of Islam, chasing away grief and replacing it with tranquility.

Trying all possible means not to exceed the speed limit as he used a hand to weave his head in frustration. The ringing tone of his phone bringing him back to reality by the sound of his ringing tone poking it just before it ended as herl watched the caller ID with a heavy heart. 

With an overweighted heart, he pressed on the receive button, it might be due to the state of mind he was or the lack of fulfillment, but the news he heard wasn't pleasing to his hearing organ, he scoured the invincible hair obstructing his view making him smack his lips in agitation.

" I won't be available, inform everyone" he replied shortly not waiting for the person on the receiver's end to reply as he ended the call.

~*~

He took into the scent of the morning Glory holding his phone carelessly to his hand. What should he care about when the people he should cares about are in danger while he couldn't help them to overcome the dangers lurking around them with no shield from him, he's trying as much as possible to make his security agent keep on the low so his mother won't be suspicious about anything.

He found the information hard to digest as if left in the dark of what the human he was living under the same roof with is capable of doing. As if not knowing that the extent in which she would go for his love isn't measurable to that which she will go for her son. He wanted to believe that she cared, but how does she care when she's making life unbearable for him by hurting the people he would die loving.

He welcomed the tenderness of the morning as he walked passed the morning Glory towards the Lily flower arranged in a flower pot with care. It might be due to the calm atmosphere of the white brightly coloured flower, but the scent was nothing compared to the morning glory which his other half never cease to admire. He stiffed his nose into the trumpet of the Lily as he inhaled the faint scent of the flower, jerking slowly as he heard the vibration of his phone.

" Keep tailing them and ensure their safety, I won't take a failure for this, my wife can be venomous when she wants to be" he replied to the person on the other end playing with the curls on his hair, the reply from the other end made him cut the call smiling weakly at the water Lily, shifting his gaze back to the morning Glory as the sun seems to descend on it.

~*~

One of the worst consequences of anxiety is that it makes one unable to focus, when anxious, the mind is scattered, but if forced to confront the worst case scenario, it's being put in a position where one can focus the minds on the heart core of the matter.

And that was what she was feeling looking down at the promise ring beautifying her finger, she is now bethrothed which was a never happening event in her life, she felt new to herself as she take a quick glance of the not so expensive but elegant ring placed to her ring finger.

Encountering three suitors, he was the person to ever breech a stage like this, she felt warmness blanketing her. Not even Muhsin, he've never passed a ring to her throughout their several interesting dates.

Not even him, she trailed off as the name tumbled into her mind, even him whom she found heart welcoming thinking he was far better than Muhsin. But what her future holds is what she was thinking of playing with the ring in her hand, was this a good decision to make, what if her efforts went in vain, would she be able to overcome this.

How can she be enthusiastic about an exciting task and feel worried at the same time, one of them should surely overcome the other. She looked back at the note Ahmad carelessly slipped into her hand although she was yet to know what was inside the folded paper, a smile found it way across her lips interrupted by Zaid's presence.

" A penny for your thought little bride" he approached her with a raised brow slumping on the sofa beside her while nudging her shoulder, she quickly hid the paper in her under garmet on her chest because she wasn't having a pocket in the gown she was wearing she  mouthinh out "No, you would see nothing" while giving him a daring look as he scoffed moving closer.

" That's not a problem, you know me sure enough to do the impossible if I wish to" he muttered shifting his gaze on her making her shift back uncomfortably.

" Never mind, I won't invade your privacy lover bird" he shrugged closing the space between them while using his hand to tap her head making her look at him with an unbelievable expression, he would be a different person at the blink of an eye.

" Zaid, tell me about Jazeelah" she asked cheesily after his supposed fiancee putting on a wide grin.

Zaid is also like her, unlucky with relationships although her case was different, always living in fairy tales cause she just wanted to get married to a particular person without involving herself in numerous dates.

Being a Shuwa Arab guy of every girls dream, his soft fluffy hairs weaved tenderly to his head, a straight nose and pouted mouth sculptured by divinity with no flaws in his creation, the glassy surface of his eyes making a girl want to get lost in it after a look, he was always the play guy he would continue to be but Jazeelah changed it all for him playing hard to get.

"Mstcheew" he hissed vacating the couch as he shouted Mama's name finding his way towards the kitchen, she knew he was going to report her which would end up with mama taking his back and even punishing her by cooking his favorite which is her most detested food and feeding him while he sent a mocking face towards her. She watches his disappearing figure with a muffled laugh pulling out the paper from her corset and rushing to her room to look into it, Zaid was never going to take a glance of that.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I don't know what I wrote up there precisely, my fingers were just working by themselves eventually coming up with this.

Though it didn't come out how I wanted it to be, i really hope you enjoyed the chappy.

Patiently await for the next chappy and I assure u guys that it's going to hit it, u'll love it lovelies 😌

Make some noise on the keyboard so I could hear ur voices lol🤭

                                                Vote 💟
                                               Comment 💌
                                              And Share💬