39-Doom

An undesirable fate.

Although he so much wanted the knot to be tied with him, there was nothing he could do about it, she directly shoved it to his face that she didn't want him and the only thing he could do for her was to watch her from afar while she enjoyed her blissful marriage.

He returned home after Ahmad's persistence to be with him in the house for the photo season, as much as he wanted to deny it, he couldn't to reduce the guilt waving off Ahmad's shoulder, wait, who was he kidding, he asked for this afterall.

Watching the work of art in his hand with lingering gaze, he threw it to a far edge of the drawer, crying his heart out before performing two raka'at to suit his nerves.

Taking a relaxing shower, he changed his clothe and spray his perfume to reach out for his friend so they could meet the bride whom was already taken to her matrimonial house before the fisrt prayer after sun set.

His friend was already sitted at the owners corner waiting for his friend's appearance while Nurudeen was the one on the wheel while Musa a friend to Ahmad occupied the next seat.

Ahmad was also putting on a worried expression which made him wonder why his friend was having such a chaotic mind after getting married to Haleema, it doesn't mean that he won't be having problems, but this particular thing keeping his mind unsettling was directed towards Haleema and khabeer read it out.

" What's wrong bro" he asked nudging his shoulder as he returned it with a tight smile not reaching his eyes.

" Nothing, I'm just weird you know, like I won't be able to see my bride again" he started looking down at his hand while khabeer waited patiently for him to continue, that wasn't all, there was more to it.

" It might be due to over excitement I guess, there's nothing I can do to repay your kindness, I.. I'm...I mean... just out of words" he stuttered the last part making khabeer retrieve his hand from his pocket to his friend's cold ones. He felt a pang in his chest when Ahmad retrieved his hand but felt solace when he understood what he was about to do, living him in a confused state as he slipped a paper onto his hand.

" I wanted to give this to Haleema   but I'm feeling overjoyed and couldn't do that earlier, so please help me do that, I'm afraid I can misplace it out of joy after already putting much effort on it" khabeer at first didn't want to collect the paper from him, but after much persuasion, he finally let in to his request giving while him a teasing grin, his problems forgotten because he ought to be there for his friend.

The silence wearing off with everyone dealing with the thought in his mind, one thinking of the next moment in his life and the other thinking of how miserable his life would be to watch his first love get married to his best friend, whoever said fisrt love don't work out has inflicted a curse on him, cause it's slapping back at him right now.

" Khabeer?" he called out questioningly making khabeer turn his head towards him with a raised brow while humming with stress already clad to his body.

" Fauza is a very stubborn girl, you know right" he asked again forcing a throaty chuckle as khabeer raised another questing brow at him in confusion, where is his friend heading to.

" I want her to be your responsibility too" he added with a tired voice.

" What brings about that now, you know she've been mine long ago, why the sudden conversation" he asked turning his whole body to face his friend.

" Just take care of her, wake me up when we  arrive, I think I'm having a slight headache, I need to rest" he shrugged absentmindedly ignoring khabeer's gaze as he lay on his shoulder making khabeer to peep mockingly at him.