27-Sofferenza

Suffering from immense pain likely to cause a mental breakdown.

Grief was the last thing she would want to experience after receiving a fatal arrow from someone she thought loves her. She don't know why this life is being too cruel on her and giving her a hard time coming in terms with it. She got a lot of questions crumbling her poor soul but she know better than not to ask the unanswerable.

The hope she had was a forlorn one unsure of herself, the only thing she prayed for was that the almighty would send someone to remove the arrow, treat her wound and bring back to her life.

She shuffled into her built-in wardrobe furiously searching for her veil as she tried to get rid of khabeer's words off her mind. This had to happen to her of all people after everything she went through. She was never the one for a relationship but it have become compulsory for her in order to accomplish half of her Deen.

As an ambiverted person that she was she only wanted the best for herself and her family, she have waited long enough without involving herself in a relationship until she was sure her mind was set for one. Giving Muhsin a chance was not a mere thought but she've already planned to spend the rest of her life with him the moment Zaid told her about his intentions. As a non-relationship type of person her plans was as weird as it sounded, getting married to her first date and sparing herself the stress of it all, but everything was planned long before she was born.

Mending her broken heart and getting rid of the negative feelings that were crumbling her mind was not an easy task, with her fate getting weak by the moment was something she hated herself more for even thinking of something underhang. She thought giving him a chance was a wise idea so she could get the feelings of Muhsin off her mind but she was all wrong.

She shouldn't think towards that direction but that was what was on her mind, this was all her father's fault, had it been he didn't come up with the proposal knowing surely well that her mother was still having feelings for him using it to his advantage to emotionally blackmail her all this couldn't have happened. Hang an ambivalent feelings she couldn't pinpoint as she spelt it out to be a sigh of her detestment on him. He was the root of all this and for that she won't forgive him for hurting her again. It's like she wasn't meant to have any man in her life because no matter how hard she tried to make the relationship to move on it always comes crumbling to her feat, not like this was her hundredth relationship.

After abstruse search for her veil, she finally found the colour she was looking for pinning the shoulder length veil in it right places tucking it behind her ears. After a long search for her car key in vain, she was about to leave the room tp ask her mother when she saw Zaid, the only maternal cousin she got to know at the door step. Shaheed by his right with lollipop magnetised to her mouth while Shaheed was having a bowl of chocolate salty balls at his left. She didn't think twice before dipping her hand into the bowl to have a handful of it while Shaheed stood meekly munching on it. If it were to be for Shaheeda she knew she wouldn't have peace in that house.

~«~

Alhaji bukar met Fatima, Haleema's mother, a shuwa-arab lady from a decent, well trained and religious home. She was no match for h considering everyone in knew of his family background and how his father happens to be a womanizer, his mother was also known to be a Stern and Troublesome lady picking fight with almost everybody around not leaving his father behind. Here co-wives were no match for her which gave her the boon to send them away.

The family lineage didn't seat well with him with everyone knowing of his mother's character which led to the disapproval of Fatima's parents.
Hell was let loosed on that very day with the scorching sun peaking through the windows of the cloud.