20-Gallant

Charmingly attentive courting especially to women.

She raised her eyes again from her lap to land on his, this time around she didn't make an attempt to unlock their gaze, she wanted to read him which was one thing she've never done "I..." She started again and lost her voice, her gaze now looking at everywhere but him.

He made a gesture with his head for her to continue but she didn't, maybe he never thought this was going to be hard for her, but he was ready to help her through, and that she must learn to accept him " can we step out?" That was the last option left for him, he've planned this ahead of time and would really make her accept him.

"Huh?" She questioned again making a smile crawl across his lips, she was really cute.

" I mean, I want to take you out on a proper date, maybe that would make you have an answer to my question" he implied with a straight face, he wasn't joking no doubt which she thought he was at first.

" Uhmm...I mean... you know..."

"You are going Haleema" okay that was Khamamat wearing a poker face while rocking her baby as he peacefully slept on her shoulder, wearing that stern ungodly look that she always wears when she've switched to her motherly mode.

" Khama..." she wanted to yell but got interrupted again by Khamamat, this girl is really going to be the death of her, she thought as she adjusted her sitting.

" I'm also leaving now, there's no problem with that" she beamed at khabeer showing out her nappy bag to him " you see I'm all set, you won't have to worry about leaving me behind" she muttered sheepishly knowing that was the only excuse Haleema was going to give.

" But Umma would be back soon" she butted with a pout all because she wasn't ready to accept his date, not to get it all wrong, but she was in a dilemma at the moment, not knowing what her answer should be though she knew what her heart wanted, she've lost trust and wasn't sure if she should accept him or not.

" I know she would, that's why I would branch to her shop to give her the house keys after telling her your whereabout" now she got no option does she. Sharing a knowing glance with Khamamat who nodded again in approval, she knew what her fears was and she had no doubt that khabeer was the right one for her friend.

" I would bring your shoe down for you" she insisted heading towards Haleema's room before Haleema could prob further.

Khabeer only watched them meekly as he vacate his seat while stretching his shirt, a Sly smile planted across his lips seeing that things were to his favour.

Khamamat came afterwards with Haleema's sneakers while keeping it down for her to wear, she gave her an unreadable look before returning her attention down while slipping her legs into the shoe.

" Then we will drop you first before leaving" khabeer ushered  dipping his hands into his pocket " no, don't mind I came along with my car" Khamamat rebuked holding out her keys. She was really cheesy he had to admit, but she could be cheesy all he cares since it's to his advantage

" Okay then, we will be on our way" he muttered making Haleema to take a quick glance his way, a smile faltered her way as he recognized the obvious dimple on her right cheeks bringing memories of weeks back when he first met her, that same dimple pronounced itself out because she was pressing hard on her lips, and he adored it while fighting the urge to deepen a finger in that particular hole on her cheeks.

~.~

When he spoke about taking her out, all she had in mind was he was going to take her somewhere unknown to her, but he chose to take her to that particular restaurant they first met, the incident reminiscing itself but she was quick to push it back while putting on a straight face.