Relent

Silently, the rest of the girls stare as Envy continues to pat Sana's head.

The atmosphere is mixed. Confusion, anger, surprise...

"I'm the only one he can rely on. That's why he came to me! Envy doesn't trust anyone else!" Sana thinks to herself, feeling as her hair is ruffled.

"...Hehe..." Sana gently giggles, her lips stretched wide in a smile as she basks in the rewarding touch, closing her eyes.

"...He's lying, Sana." Mumei steps closer, frowning heavily.

Sana is snapped out of her trance by Mumei's word, looking past Envy at her.

"...Did I say that my mother is dead, Mumei?" Envy glances at her, narrowing his eyes.

"You sure as hell talked about her like she was." Bae scoffs, smirking as she attracts their attention.

"...Well, that was my mistake. She isn't, and I want to speak to her."

"What do you actually want?" Calliope sighs, sick of his stubbornness.

Envy scowls at her, his face alone telling a few words of distaste towards the grim reaper.

"...I've already told you."

"...Yeah, and you're clearly lying."

"...I'm not."

"Look, we can help. We want to help, and plus... I mean, we've already done it, so... i-it's only right, yeah?"

"...There's nothing for you to help with. This isn't something that involves you. Any of you, for that matter. It's about me, and it's something that can't be done by anyone but me."

"...Nobody believes you, Envy. Please..." Gura trails off as she makes puppy dog eyes, trying to get him to spit it out.

"...What do you mean by it?" Kiara whispers into Calliope's ear, her magenta eyes just as dark as a black hole.

"...Nothin'..." Calliope shies away from Kiara's gaze, choosing to not elaborate any further.

"...I've already told you."

"...Okay, I've had enough of this." Bae suddenly appears in front of Envy, pressing a finger against his forehead.

"...Killing Mind."

"See? Not that hard, is it?"

"...Fuck you."

"...You'd love to." Bae smirks as she swiftly backs away.

"...Pretty sure anyone in Council can do that." Calliope deadpans.

"...Damnit... no. None of you can kill her as long as she doesn't want you to." Envy sighs incredulously, forcing himself to explain to them.

"...What do you mean by that?" Fauna perks up, questioningly moving closer.

"I mean that I am the only one who can kill her, and that's only because she wants me to."

"So what, we can't help at all?" Bae asks.

"You can get me to her, then I'll kill her, and... it'll be over."

"...That sounds simple enough." Kronii adds.

"...Too simple." Amelia thinks to herself, certain that there's more to it.

"I guess... but, will you be... safe...?" Ina reluctantly asks.

"...Yes, I will."

"...Let's do it." IRyS chimes in, a look of determination in her eyes.