Hope befallen

Envy raises his left arm, the one he used to punch Bijou, only to have it hit a crystal instead.

A bone protrudes from the flesh of his forearm, cutting clean through his skin.
His knuckles are misaligned, the middle one being split in half...

"...It hurt more than it should. Though... I've felt worse..." He thinks to himself before looking back at Bijou.

"...She can increase my sensitivity to pain...?" He slowly lifts his other arm, pushing the bone back into place, a sickening squelch being heard as vapours begin to rise from the open wound.

"...Ewww..." Bijou looks away from him, disgusted by the sound.

"...Rissa, mute." Shiori pulls her book from the pockets of her jacket, frowning as she stares Envy down.

"Got it." Nerissa swings her staff, an invisible wall being produced to stop any noise from being heard.

"...I have a theory. It doesn't say anything about this in the book, but... we could try to overwhelm him with ultrasound."

"...What? He's human! He can't hear ultrasound!"

Bijou listens to them attentively as she walks up to Nerissa, standing close and facing Shiori.

"That's the thing, he's not human. He's an elf~"

Envy's wound has almost fully healed up, his knuckles coming back into place.

"...Oh, gotcha. Then... I'll have to get close. Biboo, can you help?"

"...Mhm!" Bijou looks up at Nerissa, smiling and closing her eyes just as Nerissa looks down at her, smiling just the same.

"Oh, you should know. He's blind~"

Nerissa and Bijou look back at Shiori.

"...What?!" Nerissa's the first to speak.

"Yep, he's blind. Which is why I had this idea in the first place~" Shiori smirks as she puts the book up to her lips, hiding her mouth as she winks.

"...We're fighting a disabled person?!"
Bijou yells out in distress.

"...When you put it like that..." Shiori's smirk disappears.

"...We're horrible!" Bijou continues.

"..." Nerissa purses her lips awkwardly.

A car alarm blares, pulling them away from their conversation. Shiori's eyes widen as she yells out.

"WATCH OUT!" Nerissa and Bijou look back to see three cars hurdle towards them in the air.

Nerissa raises her staff, but two blurs, one of pink and one of blue suddenly land on the ground in front of her, slashing the cars down the middle as they do, a crescendo of sparks erupting.

"...Grr..." The pink blur says as she stands up straight, the pink claws attached to the back of her hand glowing with heat.

"...Thanks for the save, Fuwamoco~"
Nerissa sighs softly, feeling relieved.

"No problem, Rissa~" Fuwawa smiles at The Demon of Sound before turning to Envy.

Mococo's eyes are pinned on Envy, tracking every movement he makes as he inches closer by the second. She growls, breathing heavily and gritting her teeth.

"...Mococo, calm down..." Fuwawa glances at Mococo, taking note of her animalistic posture. Primed to charge forwards with her arms raised and at her sides, fists clenched in anger.

"...I will tear you apart." Envy's calm, yet spine-chilling voice shakes them to their core.

Step by step, he approaches them. Not a hint of emotion shown on his cold expression.

"...I was teasing, you know~?" Shiori raises her voice as she speaks to the man.

"...You know too much."

"...So what? How will I use it?"

"...What matters is that you can."

"...Doesn't mean I will!"

"...I don't care." The cars lined along the the sides of the street start to lift into the air.

"...Council won't be ahppy with you if you hurt us~"

"...I don't care." He won't back out now, he's gone too far already.

More and more cars lift off the ground, some being right beside the girls or even behind them. They're sorrounded and any one of the projectiles ready to be fired at them could do massive damage.

Bijou summons multiple crystals to orbit her, summing-up to 3.

They're all on edge now...

"...I just have to get clo-?!" Nerissa thinks to herself before being interrupted by a voice ringing through the air above her.

"...Let's all calm down. Hope is here~"
Everyone looks up to see a figure with crystalline butterfly-like wings, one of white and one of black, her pink hair accented by tinges of red as she gracefully falls down to the ground in front of Advent.

They all look on in surprise at the sudden interruption.

"...Who're you?" Nerissa is the first to speak.

"...HiRyS, I'm IRyS~" She says in a happy tune as she waves back to the Demon of Sound.

"...Okaay..." Bijou tilts her head in confusion.

"..." Envy silently watches her.

"...I'll be taking it from here, girls~" IRyS confidently struts towards Envy, prompting him to clench his fists in preparation.

The cars all accelerate towards IRyS as she nonchalantly walks over to him.

In an instant, the vehicles are all broken to bits by dozens of lasers appearing from sorrounding air around IRyS.

"...Tch." Envy clicks his tongue as IRyS reaches him, standing less than a foot away.

"...You're the one who woke me up, you know?"

"...What?"

"...You woke me up. You're hopeless, so..."

She suddenly places her hand on his head, pressing her thumb against his forehead.

"...Let me help you~"

"...?!"

Envy quickly realizes IRyS's intentions, but... it's too late.

"...Hmm? What is... this...?" IRyS opens her eyes, finding herself in a dark void.

"...This is... worrying..." She comments as she looks around.

"...I've never seen anything like this..."
She frowns out of worry...

"...Mph?!" Suddenly, she feels a cold spot in her chest, falling to her knees as they give out... she feels weak, staring at the darkness under her.

"...What are you?" A voice fills her thoughts, yet at the same time resounds in the endless space... from right in front of her.

"..." She looks up to see Envy staring into her, crouched down to her level.
His dark eyes bore into her very soul... it feels like staring into an endless pit...

"...H-hope..." She swallows a lump in her throat, wanting to pull away from his gaze, but being unable to fetch the courage to do so...

"...Hope, huh...?" He grabs her by the side of the head, staring into her even more intently.

Her breathing quickens at his actions, feeling more threatened than she ever has...

"...I'll break you down." His voice deepens as he leans in close, whispering into her ear as his face disappears from her point of view...

"...Bit... by... bit." He accentuates every word, she could swear he's smirking, laughing even...