A gamers pride Pt. 1

Lamy is the first to enter, followed closely by Envy and Botan. The two inspect the room while Lamy steps up to the flowerbed before turning to them and pointing to it.

"This is it~ Do you like it?"

"Heeh~? It's pretty nice. I like it!" Botan's the first to answer the elf girl's question.

"..." Envy just walks closer to the flower, silently observing it.

"...Well, Envy?"

He touches the flowers, carefully caressing their surface before turning to Lamy. A milky white flower with five petals, embracing another flower, one of four blue petals, oddly reminiscent of sapphires.

"...What colour are they?"

"White. They're from my homeland. I took them with me because of their beauty, and also the fact that I like to do flower arrangements."

"...I see."

Botan watches the two stare at the flowers together, side by side. She brings her hands up and forms a picture frame with her fingers, encompassing the two in it.

"...Looks nice~"

Envy looks over in response to Botan's comment.

"...What are you doing?"

"Just picturing you two together. You look good~"

"...Do not pair me with her."

"Wha- what's wrong with me?!"

"...Many things."

"Ouch~"

"You- Whatever, let's find something else to do! Botan, any ideas?!"

"Heeh~? You're asking me?"

"Yes, I'm asking you!"

"Hmm... how about we play some games?" Botan's face stiffens slightly as she notices the seriousness in Lamys expression.

"...Such as?" Envy asks.

"...PUBG?"

"...Envy doesn't know how to play video games."

"... How's that even possible in this day and age?"

"...He's not from this day and age. Also, he's blind."

Tick, tock, tick... tock? No clicks or dings?

"...I don't get it."

"... Envy's from another world. He's from the medieval era~"

"...okaay... One, how do you know this and I don't?"

"...I have my ways~"

"...Two, why are you two so close?"

"We're not." Envy quickly answers before Lamy can sneak any words in.

"...We... are, though he just won't admit it, but the truth is, we're so close because...

She lets it sizzle, Botan raises her eyebrows fully as she waits for Lamy to finish her sentence.

"...We're both elves~!"

He glares at her, something she notices, smirking in silent reply.

"It's true. Don't deny it unless you want me to just show her~"

Botan takes a moment to register what Lamy just said, studying the two closely.

"Poi... three, So did you rope him into this? He doesn't seem happy to be here in the least."

Botan puts on a thoughtful face as she raises her eyebrow in evident confusion.

"Nope, he agreed to it himself, so I don't see how he could be hating this~"

"..." Envy gives no comment. After all, he knows it's true. He did agree to drink with her in the spur of the moment. He didn't have anything else to do at the end of the day.

"Okaay... well, do you wanna play some games, Envy?"

"I already said this, Botan. He's blind!"

"Yeah, yeah. What do you say, Envy?

"... I'd like to."

"Alright then, follow me."

"Wha-Hey! You can't just take him like that! Plus, what's he gonna do there?!"

"...He can wat-..." Botan stops mid-sentence, realizing what she said didn't make sense, but still not relenting.

"I'm sure he'll be fine. Right, Envy?"

"...right."

Lamy looks at the two, dumbfounded as they march on. Envy standing between the two girls. Soon, the three have reached Botan's apartment on the... ground floor for some reason.

A straightforward room with dark oak flooring, a TV on a coffee table, a couch with another table before it, sliding glass doors... with two suspiciously red markings... landmines on the floor... A storage rack... with bombs... and dynamite... and a nice PC setup, three monitors on a large birch desk. All in all, a modest room with no questionable contents of any sort. None. At. All.

Botan walks over to her setup, turning it on and logging in before giving Envy a selection of games to play.

"Since you're new and don't know much about playing games... How about I teach you?"

Botan fails to realize that while Lamy was paying attention, Envy, on the other hand, was inspecting the piles of landmines on the ground curiously.

"Hey, no! Don't touch those!"

She quickly rushes over to him, pulling his hand from the explosives just as he was reaching for them.

"...Why?"

"You'll get hurt, that's why. Now get over here."

She pulls him by the hand to the screen before sitting herself down on the chair and reading out his options.

"Okay, so... You've got Call of duty: Modern warfare, Rainbow 6: Siege, Minecraft and PUBG. Which do you want?"

"...I don't know."

"Just choose. I'll play it for you while you listen and tell me what to do, yeah?"

"...Understood."

All the while, Lamy stands behind the two, watching them silently as a hint of jealousy creeps up on her face.

~~~~~
Another short one, but tomorrow I'll start making them longer.