A gamers pride Pt. 2

"Grrrr... How long are you gonna keep playing for?!"

"Geez, relax Lamy~ We're not doing anything wrong, are we?"

"You're ignoring me! That's wrong!"

"...uhh... Right, so there's a team to the left... Th-..."

"Listen to me!"

"...Three guys. I can take 'em out, but we still have another team..."

"...Hmm... Back off and let them come to you." Envy says as he leans forward on Botan's chair, one hand to his chin, supported by the other.

"Gotcha~"

"Ugh! Please, can you stop?!"

"We're just having fun!"

Botan quickly does as Envy said, backing off into a nearby building as the teams close in. She's the only one left out of her own team, all the others died out fairly quickly, but she's still standing even after all this time, picking up the pieces of her life without them on her mind.

"So what?! It's without me!" The area around Lamy starts to cool down, the air she breathes out turning visible.

"Shut up already." Envy chimes in as he tries to focus on the game of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. They're currently playing the battle royale game mode.

"Wha-?! Botan, say something!"

"...Poi."

"Not Poi!"

"...Heeh... just keep quiet for now, Lamy. I'm with him on this." She says as she shoots a guy dead before hiding behind cover and putting on armour.
Leaned in, serious and ready to fight, Botan is in full gamer mode.

"..." Lamy's speechless as she watches the duo.

"I'm leaving!"

Lamy turns to leave the room, but is stopped by Envy's tone of voice.

"...Get back here. Now." He says sternly, his gaze turned to Lamy as his eyes turn black.

"...Uh oh, Lamy... You messed up~" Botan chuckles as she keeps playing the game, her own gaze still on the screen.

"...Oh, so now you care?!"

"..." He turns back to the monitor, back to listening intently on the ongoing events in-game.

Lamy is yet again speechless as she watches his unchanged expression. She feels like pulling her hair out of her head in frustration... Then she gets an idea.

"...I'm leaving~" she says, trying to pry his attention from the match.

...No response.

"...okay, see you two!" She waves her hand at them as she turns to the door.

"See ya~"

...They don't turn their heads to her at all.

"...Do I mean that little to them..." She suddenly pulls out a bottle of sake from... God knows where before starting to down it all.

Minutes later, the clicking and clacking of a mechanical keyboard can be heard accompanied by the fake sobbing and hiccuping of a girl on her knees, cradling a bottle of sake while occasionally taking sips of it.

"Mm~ Easy game~" Botan says as she leans back in her chair, stretching out her arms and legs as Envy looks at her from above. Their eyes meet as Botan looks up, the light from outside truly emphasizing the contrast and intensity of Envy's monochromatic, contrasted eyes.

"So? How was it~?" She says smugly as she smirks at him.

"...Nice."

That one word snaps Lamy out of her act, breaking the illusion.

"...What?! You! Nice?! You never said anything like that to me when we were drinking!"

"...You're still here." Envy doesn't even turn his head to her, instead just keeping his eyes trained on Botan's slitted pupils. Even if a sigh didn't come out from between his lips, you can feel the frustration in his voice, sounding exasperated by Lamy's ongoing presence.

"Yeouch~" Botan interjects as she returns the look Envy gives her.

"..." Envy doesn't say anything in response.

Lamy just watches the scene unfold, being, for the third time today, speechless and baffled.

I think her sobbing and hiccuping may become real soon enough...

The scene is... awkward, as Envy and Botan stare at each other while Lamy looks like she's one step away from crying, tears already welled up and threatening to spill.

"...Wanna play something else~?"

"...Like what?"

"Hmm... Minecraft?"

"...What is it about?"

"You'll see if you want me to play~"

"...Alright."

"Okay! Then Lamy!"

"...H-huh? Yeah...?" She snaps out of her drunken sadness.

"Go and open up your PC. Let's play some minecraft~" says Botan as she flashes a cheeky grin Lamy's way.

"...Ye-yeah!" Her face lights up at Botan's invitation to have some fun.

Lamy quickly rushes out of the room to her own, leaving Envy and Botan alone.

"...Well done." He says, prompting the lion girl to look back up to him.

"Thanks. Kinda felt sorry just leaving her like that~"

"...Right."

"...Uff!" She says as she stretches yet again before leaning back into gamer mode.

"Time to get serious. Let's have some fun, shall we, Envy?"

"...Whatever you say."

She chuckles in response to his dry response as she logs into the hololive server. It seems no one is on right now except for our near and dear lion girl.

After wandering about for a little while, a message announcing that Lamy logged in as well popped up in the chat.

Botan quickly types up a message to Lamy telling her to go on discord and enter a voice call.

Lamy does as told, her voice coming through the speakers of Botan's headphones.

"Can you two hear me?"

"Yep, we can."

"..."

"Okaaay, so what do you wanna do~?"

"...Hmm, I feel like playing some pranks~"

"Ooh, on who~?"

"...?"

"...I was thinking of Polka~"

"...Who's Polka?" Asks Envy.

~~~~~
You know, I said that I'd make 'em longer... I did, but not by much. I swear, though, that I'll make the chapters over a thousand words. Yet again, I apologize.