Convolution

Fauna instantly breaks the kiss, looking past Envy to see all the girls of Holomyth, Council and Advent standing behind them on the grass. A large portal closing behind them as two girls step forwards.

Mumei and Shiori approach slightly, a silence falling over the area like heavy snowfall.

"...What is this?" Mumei's cold voice, aided by her expression is enough to shake Fauna.

"...Hello, Moo-..."

"...Don't give me that. Envy, step away from her."

"..." Envy silently turns towards Mumei, staring at her.

"...Mumei, calm do..." Kronii tries to calm her down, only to receive a harsh glare, shutting her down.

"...!" Mumei turns her head back and her eyes widen as she sees the mark left on Envy's neck, quickly assuming it was Fauna's fault...

Sana and Bae watch silently, one in caution and one in slight amusement.

The Holomyth girls can't help but be in thought at the situation.

The Advent girls watch, keeping track of any signs of a fight.

"...I'm lucky I ran into Calli in the city... if Fauna went any further... I'd have to leave a few more 'marks' myself~" Shiori thinks to herself, lifting her book to her lips to hide her smile.

"...Get away from him, Fauna." Mumei says as she starts to approach again, an obvious frown of anger on her face.

"...If I back off... she won't let me near him again, but if I keep close... the other girls will think I care more about him than them..." Fauna grabs Envy's hand, holding it tight to make sure Mumei can't just drag him away.

"...Mumei, don't be like this." Envy finally speaks up.

Mumei keeps walking closer and closer before finally reaching the two.

"...Don't be like this? Seriously? Then how so you want me to be?"

"..."

"...Are you telling me that you just happen to sneak off while everybody's sleeping. Meet Fauna out here. Then end up with a hickey on your neck?"

"...Mumei, it wasn't me." Fauna put a hand on Mumei's shoulder.

"...Oh, it wasn't, was it? Then who?"

Shiori's eyes widen.

"...It wa-!" She's quickly interrupted by Envy.

"...Phew... well, I would've just gotten Sana to not send him back even if he did let her say it." Thinks Shiori, breathing a sigh of relief.

"...Mumei, this isn't what you think it is."

"...Seriously?"

"...Yes, seriously."

"...Then you won't mind if I slit her throat, right?"

Fauna's eyes widen at Mumei's words, a cold sweat running down her back as the owl girl pulls out her dagger.

"...What the hell are you saying?!" Kronii appears beside her, gripping her wrist.

"...Mumei..." Sana thinks to herself as she watches from afar.

"...This is gonna be interesting." Shiori's smile disappears.

"...Mumei, stop. Now." Envy says in a commanding tone.

She looks at him for a moment before looking at Fauna's frightened expression with narrowed eyes.

"...Mumei... I-I'm sorry..." Fauna says.

"...Shut up. What could you be sorry for?" Mumei answers with words laced with venom.

"..." Fauna never expected her friend to look at her like this.

"...You just want to take him for yourself."

"...Mumei, stop!" Kronii says.

"...No! Go away, Kronii!"

"Why are you being like this?!"

"You wouldn't know! All you care about is yourself, isn't that right, huh?!"

"...NO, it's NOT! It's not, alright?!" Kronii finally bursts.

"...What...?"

"...Look, I'm sorry... I'm really sorry for how I've treated you."

"..." Mumei stares at her in surprise.

"...I just... don't know how to talk to you... I don't know how to talk to anybody... at all..."

"..." Everyone falls into silence as Kronii lets go of Mumei's wrist.

"...I want to be close to you, you know...? You... matter... to me."

"..."

"...So, uh, hug it out, I... guess?" Kronii awkwardly finishes her speech.

Fauna and Mumei look at each other, staring for a moment.

"...Is it... fine?" Fauna asks as she lifts her arms up for a hug.

"...Give me a good reason to."

"...Uuuu~ I-it's a little sensitive... can I whisper it into your ear?"

"...Fine." Mumei approaches and the two fall into an embrace. Fauna brings her lips up to Mumei's ear.

"...I did this... because I didn't want Envy to leave, Mumei. I was afraid that he'd leave us, so... I tried to... use... my body..."

"...O-oh..." Mumei blushes slightly as she realizes what Fauna means.

"...Do you forgive me?"

"...Yeah..."

"...Thank you. Though, I have a question for you."

"...What is it?"

"...Would you like to share~?" Fauna hides a devilish grin.

"...If it's with you, then... yes."

They break away, a small smile forming on Fauna's face as she nods.

"...Have you calmed down?" Envy asks.

"...Yes." Mumei gives a short nod, smiling as well as she glances at Fauna.

"...Good."

"...Let's go back." Kronii speaks up again.

"...Alright." Says Mumei, earning a nod of her own from Kronii.

The other girls except for Sana and those of Advent start to walk closer, most of them circling around Mumei and Fauna to ask what went on, allowing Envy some peace to himself.

Sana absentmindedly stares at the mass of her peers, thinking to herself.

"...Ever since Envy came here... everything's been falling apart..."

Envy backs away from the group, turning to glare at Shiori.

"...Hehe..." She giggles silently at his wordless accusation.

"...We should go back, no~?" Shiori asks, looking at the rest of her generation.

"....Yeah, that was a little... palpitating." Nerissa says, glancing at the mass of girls.

They all walk away, heading to their hideout.

Envy watches them leave, sighing before looking at Sana just as she does the same.

He approaches her slowly, but surely, until he's right in front of her.

"...I want you to send me back."

"..." She holds a worried look on her face as she shies away from his gaze.

"...Please, Sana. I'm not helping by being here. You've seen it too."

"...You're right..." She looks up at him just as Mumei notices them talking.