The beginning after the end

...In the middle of an open field, without any kind of warning, a jagged tear in space appears, a bleeding wound which depicts a picture perfect replica on the other side... except for a figure whose hands grip the sides of this wound, keeping it open for just long enough so that a battered, bruised and burned man may take just one step outside before falling to his knees, barely breathing and struggling to stay awake.

The man raises his head towards the sky, looking high and yet... he doesn't shy from the brightness of the sun, in fact his milky white pupils are completely unchanged "No mana... can't heal..." ...the man forces himself to stand up only to be met with the sounds of approaching footsteps... "Five people... how did I not hear them until now...?" he thinks to himself.

"...Before you say anything, I know we came out of portals, but you need to stay put. I'll stop the bleeding, okay?"

A petite voice can be heard speaking to the man... but she can't approach as she's pulled back by the shoulder.
"Hey, what's tha-"

"Ame, hold on. don't you think it's a little suspicious? He's hurt, yeah... that's okay, but doesn't he seem, y'know... Too hurt? I mean, he looks like he just came out of the usual room!"

A deeper voice is heard speaking.

"Hey, we don't hurt anybody in the usual room!"

A voice closer to an in-between of the two before her speaks her turn.

"Hey, mister... are you good? Cuz you don't look good..."

...How can a voice even get that squeaky?

"...Gura, don't you think that's a little rude?"

A quieter, harder to take hold of and the last out of the five voices speaks out as the group falls into silence and thoughtfulness, keeping their eyes on him until, finally, the first voice makes a decision.

"...Agh, it doesn't matter. Look, let's get you treated up, okay?"

The girl attempts to step closer, but is suddenly thrown back multiple feet by... something. All the girls look on in confusion while the man retains his unchanged expression, empty and focused.

"...What was dat? Did anyone see what I just saw?!"

A collective "...yes" from the other four is the response the squeaky one receives.

The squeaky one quickly turns to face the man with a smile on her face.

"Did you do that?! Woah, that's aweso- wait... shouldn't you wanna be helped? Then why did you push her away...?"
She tilts her head curiously, expecting an answer... to no avail.

"...Why would I trust you all? Introduce yourselves and I'll "trust" you."

The girl now named Amelia gets up and starts off first.

"...Okay, I guess. I'm Amelia Watson, time traveler and world renowned detective, at your service. Hehe... practiced that one~"

"I'm Gura, Gawr Gura! I'm the last atlantean, also just a cool shark girl, but that's obvious already!"

"...My name is Ninomae Ina'nis, but everyone just calls me Ina. It's nice to meet... you." She takes a moment to say the last word given the fact that he hasn't introduced himself either.

"Kikkeriki! I'm Takanashi Kiara, the owner of KFP, that's Kiara Fried Chicken for you!"

She makes an exaggerated pose, forming V's with her fingers and lifting them to her eyes then winking... which is ignored by him.

"... I'm not exactly thrilled to meet you... but, Yo. My name's Mori Calliope. I'm the first apprentice of death and the coldest rapper you've ever met!"