Kin and Drinks Pt. 2

"...What emergency?" Envy asks as he steps closer.

"...Well, one of our idols has a specific attraction to... alcohol, and she just can't stay away from it even when streaming. Currently, she... should be streaming."

"...She should?"

"Correct... she left her streaming booth and... we don't know where she is."

"...Understood, in that case I'll take my leave to find her." Envy turns to leave.

"What...? Hold on, you don't know anything about her!"

"...What should I know?" He turns to face YAGOO once more.

"...Phew, her name is Yukihime Lamy. She's a snow half-elf and... a drunkard."

"...Anything else?"

"...No. I don't believe so."

"...Then I'll take my leave."

"...Okay, thank you for your help, Envy." The busy CEO returns to his work as Envy leaves the office, flying through the window which has yet to be repaired.

The night is nigh as Envy skims through the populace, searching for the half-elf idol with great accuracy, yet he still can't find her... that is, until he hears the sound of people screaming. He turns to look to the origin and quickly stoops down to the ground, giving the passers-by around a light scare. Analyzing the scene before him, Envy concludes that it it indeed Lamy, laying on the ground, cradling a bottle of sake... Infront of a bar with walls covered in ice.

Walking up to her, Envy smells the alcohol reeking off of her as she looks up to meet his eyes.

"...Get up."

"...Hic."

"..." Envy gives her an annoyed stare as she stares back at him, a neutral expression on her face.

"...Get. up."

"...Ughh... I don't wanna... Hic..."

"...Then what do you want?"

"...Company."

"...You have the others for that."

"...I wan' a... drinking buddy~! Hic"

"...Fine. Where do you want to drink?"

Lamy smiles and giggles happily as she lifts her arms up, one holding the bottle of sake while she celebrates loudly.

"Yay! Drinking buddy~!"

"..." Envy watches her embarrassing act before lifting her up with his telekinesis as he walks past into the bar. All the while, she's completely unresponsive to the fact that she's floating. The walls are all slightly frozen as they walk deeper in, the air growing colder with every step taken.

"...What did you do in here?" Envy looks around, managing to make out the scene of what looked like a blast, with the origin being a stool at the bar.

"...Hic... Got a little angry~"

"...So you froze the tavern over?"

"...Huh? Tavern?" Lamy looks over to him.

"...is this not a tavern?"

"...Hehe... hic... it's a bar, silly~!"

"...I see." He doesn't understand but just brings her up to the stools and sits her down on one while sitting on the other beside it.

"...Why do you drink?"

"...Hmm~ I just... like it~"

Envy narrows his eyes as he stares at her. She pours herself another pint of sake after taking a glass from the bar.

"...I don't believe you."

She looks over to him before smiling.

"...You don't have to believe me."

"...You don't seem so drunk anymore."

"...Is that so~?"

"...Tell me the truth." Envy turns to look in front of himself while she keeps her gaze locked into him.

"...Hmm, alright~!"

Envy internally scoffs at her reaction.

"I drink because I guess I... feel somewhat away from home~!"

"...Why?"

"...Mm... My home was a beautiful country, but alas... it was... bland. Colourless."

"...So you wanted more?"

"...Mhm~ I wanted more, so I came here. To Hololive. You know... when I first saw the kind of things the girls of Hololive did... at the time... I was enamoured~!"

"...So you wanted to be like them?" He finally looks over to her.

"Yup, I wanted to be colourful. Beautiful. I wanted to be an idol for the people... a symbol of hope I suppose~"

"...So?"

"...Hmm?"

"...How is it going?"

"...Well. I'm happy, happier than I've ever been when I was back home... As a matter of fact, I'd rather call Hololive my home."

"...Home is where you were born."

"...Hehe..."

"...What?" Yet again, annoyance is showing on his face.

"It's just that you're wrong."

"...Explain." His voice grows stern as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"...Home is what you make of it."

"..."

"...Have you never considered the fact that... we decide our homes?"

"..."

"...We choose where we belong."

"..."

"...I left my home, my nation because... I'd grown sick of the blandness of it, the faces of my parents. The only things I could see... were allowed to see... Just those. Nothing else. So... I ran away because... I don't want to live a life like that~"

"..." Envy reaches over the bar and grabs himself a glass as well, prompting Lamy to pour herself a glass then do the same for Envy.

Envy downs the glass in just a few seconds, slamming it down onto the wood.

"...My family cast me out of my home... all because I was born like this."

"...?"

"...The citizens of my nation were born with golden, long hair and beautiful blue eyes... at least that's how I remember them. On the other hand, I... was born as their opposite... they cursed me with this sickness... they took my sight so I would never find that place again."

Lamy's eyes soften as she silently looks at him.

"...That's horrible."

"..."

He signals to her to pour him another glass and she does just that before downing her own drink.

"Ah~! Even so, it doesn't mean you can't live your life, but still... may I ask you something?"

"...?"

"...Do you hate them?"

"...Not anymore."

"...Why?"

"...It doesn't matter."

"..."

She decides to not push any further, but maintains the conversation through different topics and soon after, the bottle of sake has been finished and the two are blackout drunk.