Frozen still

The sound of Truth's crying disappears as her corpse falls to the side. IRyS is speechless, the cold spot in her chest stronger than ever before...

"...A-ah... this..." Her eyes stare blankly at Truth's body, unable to pull away.

"...Goodbye, Truth..." Justice says as she lowers the weapon, turning back to the helicopter as its light shines down on her form.

IRyS finally blinks and everything is black once again.

Envy speaks into her ear from behind, a mocking tone in his voice.

"...How frail are you, Hope?"

"..." IRyS's fists clench...

"...We-?!" He's interrupted.

IRyS blinks again in surprise at the sudden break in his speech, finding herself back in the real world.

"...Huh...?" She's confused, but she manages to make out Envy's figure just as he throws a fist towards... Nerissa. The Demon of Sound seems to have been standing at Envy's side.

Just as his fist is about to collide with Nerissa's stomach, another of Bijou's crystals appears. A shockwave throws Envy over a car and into a shop on the sidewalk, smashing through the glass window.

A cloud of dust shrouds him as Nerissa turns back to Bijou, giving her a short wink and earning a happy smile in return.

"Alright, girls. He's not finished yet~" Shiori says as she walks closer to Nerissa, Bijou following after. They crowd together behind IRyS as she stares towards where Envy is. The twins, on the other hand, stand in front of IRyS.

"...With that, he's not doing well... Mococo, Fuwawa... playtime." Shiori smirks.

"...But what if-eh?! Moco-chan!" Fuwawa says as she turns to Shiori, an uncertain express on her face before watching as Mococo takes off.

"Bau!" Mococo quickly rushes at him, jumping over the car with ease before priming her claw for a downward slash.

A sudden tingle makes the hair on the back of her neck stand up, but she keeps going.

"...Rupture." Envy's voice echoes in the air, like bass in a concert.

"...?!" Mococo feels the arm she used to attack blow open. A searing pain fills every inch of the limb as every vein and artery within combust, blown apart by a violent surge of internal pressure.

In the next instant, the other girls watch as Mococo's body is thrown past them, smashing into a car and leaving a dent in it. Her arm is bleeding profusely.

"Shit, IRyS!" Shiori quickly tugs on IRyS, yet she stands motionless.

"IRYS!" Shiori yells out at her, grabbing her arm with both hands.

"..." IRyS's breathing quickens, her eyes focused on just one thing.

Envy walks out of the cloud of dust, flipping the car he collided with to the side. His expression remains neutral, yet his eyes tell a different story.

"...What's the matter, Hope?" His voice occupies every thought in her mind.

"IRYS!" Shiori screams yet again at her, yanking at her arm, only to get nowhere.

"...!" Fuwawa charges towards Envy, only to get grabbed by the neck. She tries to stab him in the arm, yet her claws stop just centimeters away from his flesh, small arcs of electricity forming between them.

"...Struggling..." Envy lets go of her neck before ramming his fist into the side of her head, dropping her to the ground and leaving a crater in the concrete.