Pandemonium Pt. 1

"H-how..." Bae is still loading.

Gura nudges her ever so slightly, hoping to get her to snap back to reality. Oh, there goes gravity as Bae starts floating upwards, hitting the ceiling and laying flat on it.

Gura watches her while Mumei is completely entranced by Envy's touch. She didn't think he'd be much the type of person for affection besides the comfort that he's displayed in the past with his hugs, though, those in and of themselves, were ways to calm the girls down and make them listen, as well as make them feel safe.

Mumei falls into his touch, closing her eyes and feeling his warmth.

"B-Bae... are you... okay?"

"..."

"Okaay... so you're not."

"Gura, can you slap me on the face?"

"...get down here first."

"...yeah..." She falls back to the ground on her back.

"... Do you really want me to slap you? It'll hurt, y'know?"

"...It's fine..."

"Well, here it goes." She straddles Bae before giving her a quick slap across the face.

"Ah!" She finally wakes up out of her trance, unintentionally activating her power and causing Gura to float up as well.

"Woah, hey!" Gura exclaims as she slowly rises.

"I've gotta get more outta him!" A lightbulb appears above Bae's head an she quickly stands up, ignoring Gura's pleas for help and instead charging towards Envy, ramming into him and sending the two tumbling out the window, shattering it.

"...Eh?" Mumei blinks as the feeling of Envy's hand on her cheek suddenly disappears, looking around in confusion.

"...He's out the window, Mooms."

"...I'm sorry? He's... what...?"

"... Don't believe me? Just look outside."

"O-okay..." She turns to look to the window, seeing it broken before walking and leaning over it... to see Bae jumping from rooftop to rooftop, holding Envy in a princess carry.

"...What are you doing?" He asks Bae as she keeps leaping across the city, looking at her face attentively.

"I want you to tell me how you did that!" Bae is looking straight ahead as she speaks.

"...Did what?"

"... Whaddya mean 'what'?! How'd you do that?!"

"...What??"

"Ugh! Fine, keep your secrets... I'll just pry 'em outta you!"

"...What secrets?"

"Oh, just drop the a-!" Bae stops mid-sentence as she stops moving, standing on the red tiled rooftop of a house.

"Heey.... Mooms, you look... angry~"

"..." No response.

Envy turns to look ahead too, seeing Mumei's figure. He can guess she's fuming, furious and frankly, all of the above.

"...Drop me."

"...Yup, will do." She does just that, dropping Envy gently.

Envy stands up, looking at Mumei while Bae hides behind his back, clearly in distress.

"Bae... I really do think I'm gonna eat you."

Bae's tail curls up in response to her words.

"Mumei... calm down."

"...You keep telling me to calm down, Envy, but... I don't want to anymore. She needs to learn."

"That doesn't matter."

"...It does. It matters alot."

"..."

"...Think about how she feels."

"...How she feels? Good, I assume. She loves annoying everybody after all... she got what she wanted, didn't she?"

"... I-I don't... love annoying everybody..." Bae mutters silently, unable to defend herself or face Mumei's wrath.

Despite her quiet tone, Envy was able to hear her words.

"...She said that she doesn't."

Bae's eyes widen in embarrassment and realization.

"...He heard me..."

"She said she doesn't? Should I believe that?"

"Yes, you should."

"...I don't want to."

"...It's the truth. Say it yourself." He turns to Bae, looking her in the eyes as she does the same.

"...But..."

"...just do it."

"...Ugh, fine...!"

"..." Mumei stands in place, awaiting whatever confession Bae has to make.

Bae stands in front of Envy, shyly looking down at the ground while her tail hides behind her back, her ears drooping slightly.

"... I-I wanted to talk to you, but I didn't know how... so I was just standing in front of your room, just, y'know... waiting for you to come out, but... then Envy and Gura came along and... I saw them going to your room... and I got jealous... I wanted to have fun too."

"...You were standing in front of my room?"

"...yeah..."

"...Because... you wanted to have fun?"

"...yesh..." She bites her tongue and mentally berates herself for it.

"..."

"..." Seeing the lack of response from Mumei, Bae looks up to see the owl girl more relaxed, a gentler (not gentle) look strewn across her face.

"L-look, I just didn't know how to act, okay?! I let my feelings get the better of me and I'm sorry!" She quickly sputters out, sounding almost incoherent.

Envy, all the while, watches the two converse from behind Bae's back.

"...Haah..." Mumei exhales tiredly.

"...?"

"...I forgive you, Bae."

Instantly, Bae's face lights up. She quickly turns to Envy, hugging him.

"Hell yeah! We did it!"

"...Did what?"

"Whaddya mean 'what?!' We got her to calm down!"

A hand suddenly grasps Bae's shoulder, prompting the rat to freeze.

"...Let go of him."

"Okeydokey..."

She does as told, slowly backing way from him as Mumei moves to the side, the three now standing in a sort of triangle.

"...Hug." Their gazes are fixed on Envy as he says that.

"...I'm sorry?" Mumei is the first to speak out.

"Hug, you two."

"...well, that's a... good idea, right...?" Bae stretches her arms out, waiting for the embrace... which doesn't arrive.

"...I'd rather not."

"..."

"...I knew it would be useless..." Bae let's out a defeated sob as her arms fall limp to her side.

"...My mother once told me... that a hug can heal any pain."

Mumei's ears perk up at Envy's statement. After all, she's never gotten him to talk about his past before. Bae also perks up, expecting another piece of wisdom from him, just like when he guessed her feelings.

"...and why is that?"

"...Because it offers solitude. Protection."

"...Your mother must have been pretty smart." Mumei comments.

"...My mother was... a façade." Envy comments back with a stern tone.