Chores

Slowly, but surely, Sana calms down. Her sobs quieting to a stop.

"...Do you feel better?" Envy asks, his voice far softer than the usual.

"...Yes... thank you..." She says as she absently stares towards the green ground, taking in the rhythmic movements.

"...Good. We should go back."

"...Yeah..."

He waits for her to get up first, but she just stays in place, seemingly thinking about what he's said.

Time passes by as the two sit together, Sana with her head leaning against his shoulder and, suddenly, from behind them, a voice speaks.

"...I've been looking for you, but I guess you were getting personal with Sana too, huh?"

Sana turns around to see Kronii while Envy just keeps looking ahead.

"A-ah, I..." Sana tries to explain, but stutters slightly.

"...I was just comforting her, Kronii. There's no such thing going on here."

"...I'm not surprised." The Time Warden says as she appears right beside him, looking down at the man.

"..." He doesn't answer.

"...I've been thinking about what you said." Sana perks up at her words, wondering what she's talking about.

"...And?"

"...You're really annoying."

"...It serves well when fighting gods."

"...Hah, very funny."

"...What are you talking about...?" Sana asks The Time Warden as she leans forwards to see her face.

"...Nothing that matt-..."

"Before Kronii and I fought... I told her a few things."

"Hey, shut up!"

"...I told her to be honest." He directs his words to Kronii rather than Sana, as if to say that she should confess her feelings now even if it's to Sana and only Sana.

"...Haah..." Kronii sighs as she realizes the meaning behind his words.

"...Damn you, Envy."

He stands up and backs away a little bit.

"...I'll leave you two be. You have a lot to share."

"...W-What?! What do you mean?!" Sana asks as she watches him.

"...Ask Kronii." He dismisses as he takes off into the sky.

~~~~~

Back at the police station, Advent has been apprehended and Amelia is standing besides YAGOO, looking through one-way glass yet again. Towards five girls, this time.

Advent is lined up one by one against the measured wall, holding up their nameplates.

Kronii captured the five, fixed the hole and then fixed the crashed car issue as well. Though, she also had to resolve the internal conflict in her head before those too.

"...So, what do you wanna do with 'em?" The detective asks as she turns to YAGOO.

"...I think I want them to be a part of our idols."

"...You do realize that they're criminals, right?"

"...You do realize that we have a Phoenix, you, the grim reaper, an atlantean, a priestess of Cthulhu... and so many more, right?"

"...Point made. I'll get Subaru to release them." She nods as she looks back at them.

"...Good." YAGOO says as he leaves the room together with Amelia, going in opposite directions.

~~~~~

Back at Hololive HQ, Envy softly lands on the hard ground and walks inside, taking note of the fact that everything's been fixed already.

"...Hey, Envy. Where've you been?" A voice calls out to him from his left.

"...I checked up on Sana." He answers as he turns to look at the origin, Calli, standing in the middle of all of the girls from Holomyth (except for Amelia).

Calli and Gura are in the middle while Ina is on the far left, beside Gura and Kiara on the far right, beside Calli.

"...Uhh, why?" Gura asks as she tilts his head.

"...I don't think you'd understand." He bluntly states.

"...Whuh? I can understand! Tell me!"

"...It's complicated."

"...Don't tell me! I'm not good with complicated stuff..."

He looks back at Calli.

"...What are you doing?"

"Oh, we wanted to grab a bite at Mc-..."

"K.F.P. RIGHT?" Kiara's voice comes from her right.

"...Y-yeah, sure... totally!"

"...Kiara, don't impose on her." Envy narrows his eyes at the phoenix.

"...Huh?" Kiara turns his attention to him.

"I said to not impose on her."

"...I'm not imposing though, am I...?" She looks to Calli who nods slowly, yet her eyes say the opposite.

"...Am I...?" She turns to Ina.

"...A little?" She shrugs.

Kiara turns back to Envy.

"...See, I'm not!"

"...You are. Calli, please be honest."

"...Look, man... I'm trying!" She whispers his way, as if Kiara can't hear her.

"..." He raises his eyebrows and tilts his head to the side.

"...Don't look at me like that!"

"...Kiara, just let her choose."

"...F-fine..." Finally, the chicken relents, prompting Calli to give Envy a wide-eyed look that just screams 'Holy mother of Christ! She listened!

"...Go and eat." He says as he walks off towards Mumei's place. Calli gives him an appreciative nod and thumbs up in response before walking off to the restaurant. It's bro code, don't worry about it.

After a short trip with the elevator, Envy reaches Mumei's room and knocks on the door.

It opens up to show Mumei, who seems... oddly surprised to see Envy there.

"...Hello, Envy, um... is there something you want...?" She says.

Envy looks ahead through the door and notices that there's another person inside.

"...Is that... Fauna?"

"...Oh, uh, I-I guess so... hehe..."

"...If you don't want me intruding, then I won't. Just tell me."

"No, come in! I'd love to have a chat!"

"...Alright."

~~~~~

I'll leave it here for today since I'm tired, but we'll get started on the action with Advent soon. :)