Jealous?

"I said get away from him!" Mumei raises her voice, frowning as she tightens her grip on the dagger.

"...No, I don't think I will." Mind answers, a smirk on her lips as her hands move to Envy's back, slowly caressing it as if to show ownership.

"...They're stronger than you." Envy speaks out, monotony in his voice as he stares at the woman hugging him closely.

"...Because I want them to be. For now, that is." She answers, never taking her gaze off Mumei.

"...Um, who are you...?" Sana interrupts as she stands on the sidelines, watching with worried eyes.

"...Hm? His sister. Didn't you hear what I called him, miss 'Speaker of Space'? Mind responds with a mocking tone.

"...How...?"

"...Hmm... the jig is up, so I may as well tell you. You stepped into my world, you know? I made this place. I own this place. I know everything about anything and everyone in this world, dear~"

"...O-oh, I... see..." Sana frowns in uncertainty, her guard raised even more than before, the others also growing more cautious.

"...Mhm~ Now, brother... tell me. How exactly did you get out of the gem Vulcan made? And how did you end up in a different world?"

"...Why shou-..."

"Oh, don't give me that. Don't bluff with me unless you want your dear friends to fizzle away."

"...I don't know."

"Guessed so, but I wasn't gonna look through your little head now, was I?"

She backs away, her arms slowly unwrapping themselves from around Envy's body.

"...No, cheating would ruin the fun of trying to kill you~"

"..." He watches her calmly.

"...I'll have to make sure, though... that you can't do that again. Otherwise, you may just run off in the future with no memories of our little quarrel... and that... we cannot have." She says as she instead starts to circle around him with slow, deliberate steps to accompany her spoken thoughts.

"...Mind, I want you to send them back to their own world."

She comes to a stop back at the initial spot, looking him in the eyes with interest.

"...I should kill them instead, but... we'll see."

"...Yeah, right." Kronii thinks to herself, scoffing at Mind's remark.

"...#$/(#@/ bi#+$ I'll @#$#&@ you!" Mumei thinks to herself as she tightens her grip on the dagger even more, the skin of her hand whitening more and more.

"...There's no way they're just family... I don't believe it." Fauna thinks to herself, frowning in controlled rage.

"...This is gonna be fun~ C'mon, fight..." Bae thinks to herself as her tail swishes side to side, an involuntary and very toothy grin spreading like butter on bread onto her face.

"...Oh! Maybe I should tweak the difficulty? Make myself a little stronger for you? What do you say, hm~?"

"...I think you should let them go."

"...No. I think we should have a fight real quick, yeah? Then we-?!" She's cut off by a pillar of black sand erupting from the ground and smashing into her body, sending her flying back.

She falls to her feet, looking up with a grin as she licks her lips.

"...Not nice, brother... not nice~"

She stands up straight just as the girls come to Envy's side, all in a straight line.

The pillar of black sand dissipates onto the ground at Envy's feet, as if it had no structure.

Envy stares Mind down as rivulets of a blue liquid start to form in the air surrounding them all, slowly flowing towards Envy's body and seeping into his skin.

"...What is this stuff?" Bae asks as she touches the liquid with her finger, bringing it up to her face as she feels the cold substance.

"...Mana." Envy answers shortly, never taking his eyes off Mind.

"...Oh, really? You have this stuff here, like in video games?" She looks at him.

"...Oh, we do. We have it all, rat~" Mind is the one to answer this time, to which Bae responds with a hum and licking the liquid mana on her finger.

"...Ooh, refreshing~" She grins contently.

"...Pft." Is what she hears from Gura and Amelia as they try to hold back a laugh.

"...Maybe I should put on a show..." The Rat thinks to herself as she glances at the Detective and Atlantean.

More and more black sand starts to rise out of the ground, slowly, but surely gathering at Envy's feet.

"...What other tricks have you got up your sleeve that you haven't told me about?" Mind says, frowning as she looks down at the sand.

"...You'll see."

"...Haha... well, in that case..." A scythe appears in Mind's hand, black and with a wooden handle, with the blade itself being darker than anything else around.

The black sand starts to rise up, forming icicles with small arcs of electricity forming on the surface.

Mind raises her scythe to her knees, lowering her posture slightly, when, without warning...

"?!" Mind's eyes widen as she feels herself slung up into the air as her limbs flail wildly, quickly ascending as a voice follows after her.

"Like it up here?!" Bae says, laying on her side with one hand on the side of her head.

At the same time, everyone on the ground snaps their head up to see the two figures.

"..." Envy doesn't say anything, rather he just starts stepping closer to hit the shots, followed closely by the icicles.

He raises his hands and gestures as if he's pulling back the string of a bow while an icicle aligns with his hands, jolts of energy appearing here and there on his skin and the surface of the powder structure.

"...Shit!" Mind's eyes widen even more as she feels a small tingle on her skin, realizing she's up high in the air, where Envy gathers his electricity from.

She looks down at him, narrowing her eyes as she clutches her scythe harder, ready to strike the projectile just as he fires it.

Envy lets go, his pinched fingers opening up to let the icicle fly towards Mind at blinding speeds.

"...Annoying..." She thinks to herself before slashing it in two, the hard structure falling apart to turn back into hardly visible molecules.

"...Now y-!" She tried to say out loud, only to be cut off by Bae kicking her in the stomach and sending her flying into the thickets of the forest, smashing through branches and trees to disappear between them.

"Hah, how do ya like that?!" Bae yells out triumphantly as she falls to the ground, softly touching down before turning back to Envy.

"Whaddya say?!" She shows off her signature toothy grin as Envy's hands fall to his sides.

"...Well done."