Hatred Incarnate

"... W-what is this..."

Is all that Sana can muster as she stares at the image before her.

A lone man, surrounded by crumbled buildings, spanning longer than the eye can see. A red setting sun that outlines his bloodied figure, crimson dripping from his hands. Everywhere you look, corpses of soldiers and civilians, men... children and women alike, impaled by swords held by their own hands and arrows shot from their own bows.

Slumped over, he stays silent as a blue liquid swirls around him, torrents of it forming from thin air that seep into his skin.

Blood fills every crevice in between every rock that forms the streets of this city turned ruin.

...It was a slaughter and nothing more.

"...You wouldn't listen." He speaks, his body shifting to look straight towards the velvet sun.

"...Turn back now, all of you." He continues as he rises to his feet. The clothes they had bought him turned red just as the painting laid out before them. If this was a masterpiece... it would be the most cruel of them all.

There wasn't even a hint of damage to his outfit, just... stains.

"...This is my mercy. I don't wish to take from you too."

...They can't speak. They don't have it in their souls to speak towards such an atrocity. Though, inside, their minds race with thoughts, uncertainties...

...He turns to them, an emotionless expression lies on his form as his monotonic, black eyes come into view.

"...Please." He begs them. It's all he can do now that they've seen him like this.

"...I don't want to hurt you too." Are the words stuck on the tip of his tongue, though... he can't muster the courage to say them out loud.

...This is not the man they saw or knew until today. This is the reason why he's named so.

"...Why... would you do this...?" Sana can barely believe her eyes. Even after having lived since the beginning of the universe, since the beginning of space... she's never felt this way.

...How does she feel?

...Cold.

The man sees that pleading will not help, so he decides to change his act.

He stretches his arms out, a large wingspan to show what he's done.

"...I am not your friend. I never was. I only pleased you so that YAGOO may trust me. I am n-"

"Don't say that. Don't say anything more than that." Mumei replies before he can even finish his sentence.

"...I don't care why you did it. You're coming with us."

The other girls agreed inwardly with her words, though for different reasons as they kept their eyes fixated on any movements he makes.

Fauna looks over to Mumei, noticing the determination in her eyes, so she smiles in response before turning back to Envy.
"...I agree~ It doesn't matter why. I'm sure you had a good reason~"

Sana quickly looks, a worried look on her face.

Kronii frowns at her words, questioning her belief.

Bae raises her eyebrows, holding back a chuckle.

"...What...?" His eyes widen at her words as he looks from Mumei to Fauna.

"...I believe you had a good reason, Envy. Is that so hard to believe~?"

"...How could you..."

"...Be fine with it?" Kronii completes his sentence.

"...I have lived for so long. Watched so many things burn to the ground. Do you really think... this is something that can shake me...?" The time warden continues, indifference plastered all over her.

"...Kronii! How could you say that?!" Sana looks to her, anger etched into her features.

"...But it's true, Sana. How many worlds and dimensions have you watched die?" Bae puts her hand on her hip as she speaks.

"That doesn't mean you should get used to it! Or accept it!"

"...I think it does." Bae finally looks to the Speaker of Space.

"...How... th-that's not true!"

"...It is, Sana. Whether you like it or not... does that matter now?" Kronii continues, playing her own part in this moral argument.

...Are they all so desensitized? Uncaring? Or simply... incapable of finding any other way to cope with it other than acceptance... naming it reality?

Thoughts like these crawl through Envy's mind, making him feel sick himself.

...When you've lived for so long... are you even alive?

"Look. at. that. It's the god killer himself~" A voice rings out through the air just as two arms snake around Envy's neck from behind.

Without warning, Envy throws an elbow strike towards the head of whoever it is there, yet... he hits nothing just as the arms glide along his chest, disappearing without a trace.

"Who are you~?" The voice is heard again, this time from behind Bae, prompting her to turn around.

"...Whazzup. Name's Bae." She introduces herself as the figure steps into her field of view. A short girl, childish even in appearance, wearing a short skirt, white with golden stripes on the outer thighs. A white crop top with a golden tie that exposes her somewhat toned belly and, finally, a pair of Oysho Roman sandals painted white to complete her appearance. Dignified, yet contrasted by her undeniable brattiness.

"Oh, that so~?" She smirks.

"...Gonna say your own?"

"...Hmm, nope~"

The girl suddenly disappears, only to reappear in front of Envy, staring into his eyes as he looks down at her.

"...Hasn't it been so long~?"

"..."

"...It's been over a year since we trapped you in that little rock he called a prison~ Y'know, Vulcan told us it would last forever... that you'd never break out of it, yet here you are~"

*Vulcan- Roman Counterpart of Hephaestus, made things such as armour and gems for the gods.

"..."

"... How'd you do it? Tell me, how did you do it?"

"...Have you ever felt afraid?"

"...Pft... hahahaha! A-are you kidding me?!"

"..." He frowns at her reaction as her high pitched laugh echoes in these crumbled ruins.

"Hahahaha... ah... haha... incredible... oh, Envy... you... always know how to piss me off~"

~~~~~
I'm getting to cooking bros.