Nightmares and paintings

...Opening his eyes, Envy finds himself amidst a catastrophe... Destruction fallen upon all around him. He looks down to see the figure of a mauled corpse... Its head eviscerated and his hands stained in crimson blood and brain matter.

He has no reaction to the horrid scene before him, after all... he's seen it before. He stands up and begins to walk through the chaos. Trees which once pierced through the sky are now nothing more than charred trunks, treehouses interconnected by bridges that spanned across dozens of meters of air broken to pieces... But most of all, that tree... The tree which gave life to all he knew, all he saw with his own two eyes before he could no longer... It was gone. He destroyed it in his anger and... He paid the price for it.

"...Monster! Monster! Monster!"
Those words reverberated in his mind, drowning out the crackling of the flames.

The image of that noose, primed to take his last breath passed through his mind. The rage when he heard her footsteps... Slowly approaching to make sure that he wouldn't escape. It was Death. The force which couldn't be seen, but could be heard... And heard she was, but... That was her downfall. It gave her away and it was the reason why he came out of that day alive. It was also the reason why she would become the person he would hate most in that world.

"...For the murders of thousands upon thousands of his own kin... This man is sentenced to be hung!"
The crowd cheered. They would always cheer because they would never understand.
The hatch under his feet opens as the lever is switched and his breath hitches. The voices of those peasants dissipate as the sounds of her footsteps grow louder... Louder... Louder!

"No, NO!"

He looks around frantically, sweat dripping down his neck and forehead... It's mid-day and the sun is shining brightly through the sky. He stands up and looks around.
"Those two are gone..."
He remembers that he's supposed to meet YAGOO back at Hololive HQ.

~~~~~

Envy steps into the building, yet again confused by the doors before stepping towards the elevator and reaching YAGOO's floor for the second time. Entering the CEO's office, he's yet again face to face with the big man.

"...Hello, Envy. Please knock next time. I have a very busy schedule."

"...Have you found anything?"

"No, but I can assure you that my employees are working on it."

"...continue."

"Yes, currently, everyone is aware of your new job and position in the company and one of our idols, Ninomae Ina'nis, to be specific, has requested that you go out with her for painting supplies. She wants to learn how to paint in real life instead of using a tablet, so she's requested you to keep her company and also keep any unwanted fan meetings away."

"...I see. When does she want this to happen?"

YAGOO checks the time.

"...In 10 minutes."

"...where?"

"At her room in the dormitory."

"...more specific."

"...phew... Ask an employee."

"...Fine."

Envy leaves the poor man to his documents and returns to the first floor to ask around. In the process, he comes across none other than... A-chan!

"Hello, can I help you, mister Envy?"

"...mister Envy? I don't like it." he thinks to himself.

"...Where is Ninomae Ina'nis's dormitory room?"

"Oh, umm... I believe it's room 3 floor one. Right that way. She should be done streaming in a few minutes."

"Alright, thank you."

After a short walk, Envy reaches her room... Or so he thinks. He opens the door and steps inside before being bombarded with a screech... "REEEEEEE!!!" ...Or is it a warcry? Regardless, an ear-splitting sound which disorientates him like nothing else in the whole wide world. Naturally, no one other than Amelia could create such a noise.
The detective leaps towards Envy, screeching like an angry toad as he shuts the door with all his strength followed by a loud thud against the wood being heard as Amelia's face collided with it.

"...My head..." Think the both of them, though for different reasons.

"...the one down the hall...?"

He walks up to it and knocks. A familiar voice responds.
"...Come in!" He does so and sees Ina at her computer instead of her kotatsu. It seems she had been playing games instead of drawing this stream.

"...Hello, Envy, and thank you for agreeing to come with me to buy some painting supplies. Would you like to go right now?"

"Yes. Where are they?"

Ina stand up and walks past him as he follows closely behind.

"In the city of course. There's a new artistry shop that opened nearby and I'd like to see it!"

"...Got it."

~~~~~

The two are now in front of said shop.

"Even from the outside, this place is nice. Right?"

"..." He stares down at her.

"...I forgot he can't see." She realizes.

"... L-let's go inside, okay?"

"..."

They step inside and Ina quickly becomes entranced by the many brushes and tools to paint. So much so that she accidentally summoned her tentacles to bring more objects to inspect at the same time.

"...Oh, this one looks really useful for thin lines! And this one for big strokes! Wah! That's perfect!"

"..." He zones out, already bored from sitting around.

The doors to the shop open again as another person comes in. Envy looks towards the source to see a small girl with white, long hair and... Splashed paint all over her body and face.

"...Inappropriate." he thinks.

Ina finally snaps out of her trance after looking through everything in close proximity and looks back to Envy to see he's staring elsewhere, prompting her to look to where he's looking, causing her eyes to widen in pleasant surprise.

"Wah! Iofi?!"

"...Huh? Oh, Ina!" She runs over to Ina and gives her a big hug before noticing Envy.

"Hmm... Have I seen you before?"

"...Envy."

"Oh, right! Yes, I remember now! Duh!"
She bonks herself on the head... with no reaction from Envy and only a giggle from Ina.

"...Ahem, what are you two doing here though?"

"We're here for supplies! I want to try out painting in real life just like you!"

"Ooh, how about I come with then?!"

"Humu! Great idea!" Ina nods her head contently.

~~~~~

The girls are finally finished with checking everything they could and not long after, they're outside. Walking through the streets of Tokyo.

Envy silently walks along with the two while they chat with one another, taking in the architecture using controlled shocks and taking care to not give anyone, including the girls, one that's strong enough to actually be noticeable... then envy bumped into a delinquent walking with his friend group.