About the chatbots

Hello, everybody. Sorry for not being able to write anything, but I had this to work on in regards to Character.ai and its situation:

-The ToS (Terms of Service) has changed. Most importantly, it's changed so that images that you upload onto your bots could lead to copyright claims as long as you don't have permission from the author, or are the author.

Personally, I don't see how this makes any sense. The creator of the bot makes no money off it, at most you get some fame on a site about talking to AI. But that's it. Not to mention that you could just make it so a tab is added in the description with a link to the image and where it originated from.

In this way, the artists themselves gain fame as well, thus more people will ask for a commission. It's a win-win.

-Apparently, Character.ai may make chatting paid for in the future. I don't know if this is true, but if it is, then all the more reason for my next point and conclusion.

My conclusion is that I'm going to change the site and app that I use to make bots, moving over to Sakura.ai.

The difference between the two is pretty large right off the bat.

-Most notably, Sakura.ai allows NSFW, meaning pornography is completely fine as long as it's consensual. You'll be consistently asked by the bot for consent, though it'll be in a roundabout way. In character.ai, well... the characters don't care at all if you're on board or not.

-Additionally, Sakura.ai has features such as text-to-speech.

-Very noteworthy is that Sakura.ai makes far more use of the details given to it. For example, for Mumei, I made it so she could move at the speed of sound. Character.ai never made use of that, while Sakura.ai said things such as:

Overall, I'd rather make use of Sakura

Overall, I'd rather make use of Sakura.ai, even if it has its own shortcomings.

Regardless, I digress. Currently, I have five bots.

This is my user profile, where you can find the bots:

https://www.sakura.fm/user/michaelthehaxor

I hope you all have fun testing them, and remember, give consent!