Decadence

Mercury and Bae stare into each other, unblinking. Mercury holds her hammer tightly, unsure of what to think.

"...Are you gonna come at me, or nah?" Bae tilts her head, a frown on her face.

"..."

"...Ya scared, kid~? C'mon, I don't bite~"
She flashes a grin full of shark-like teeth.

"..." Mercury suddenly smirks, her eyes lighting up in glee.

"Wha-!" Without warning, a bang rings out in the air as Bae has a hole blown through her head from behind.

She limply falls to the ground... for just a moment before stepping forwards to regain balance.

"...Ow, that... is not nice~" Bae stands up straight as blood pours out of the wound.

"...What..." Mercury's eyes widen as she sees this happen.

Bae silently glances back, seeing a man dressed wearing a black robe, his features mostly hidden outside of the blackened pistol held in his right hand, still pointed towards her.

She can't tell any other details besides those... not that she cares.

Bae snaps her fingers, causing a sudden smokescreen to cover the entire area.
The robed man and Mercury frown as they see this happen.

Mercury feels something at her back, a soft whisper just as hot breath wafts along her ear.

"...You're gonna need more than that~"

Mercury spins around, poising her hammer to strike Bae in the head, only for Bae to catch the head of the weapon in one hand, as if it were weightless. Bae smirks as she watches Mercury's expression turn to one of surprise before lifting her other hand up to Mercury's face... and snapping her fingers.

An explosion erupts from the snap, flinging Mercury back into the robed man just as Bae walks through the flames, a creepy laugh leaving her lips.

The robed man holds Mercury's unconscious body as he crouches down, still silently keeping the gun aimed at Bae.

"...Hehehe... c'mon, let's play~" Her blue and red eyes glow with glee as she steps closer and closer through the fog.

"...Are you scared~?" Her voice echoes throught the ruins yet again, filling up every spot of air, as if inescapable.

"...Gonna run~?" She keeps mocking. The robed man fires another shot... yet the only sound heard is that of the bullet hitting the ground...

He fires another... and another... time after time, nothing happens... the bullets just fall to the floor.

He blinks only to find Bae standing right in front of him, bent over to see his face with more clarity.

She grabs him by the hair, lifting his chin up.

"...Is that all you have to show for yourself~? Got more? You better~"

"...I can't transform... it doesn't matter... at least I'll kill one of his allies..." He swallows a lump in his throat at the current situation, deciding that it's the best course of action.

"...Fire the cannon." He speaks for the first time, a deep and gravelly voice.

"...Huh? What cannon~?"

She lets go of his hair, standing up straight again before turning around and looking to the sky.

"...That cannon~?" Her eyes are fixed on... nothing, yet the man's eyes widen at her question.

"...How can you..."

"...How can I see it? I can do anything! Didja know that?! I doubt it... but, let me let you in on a secret, yeah?"