Fashion and Horror Pt. 2

As the four begin their tour of the haunted attraction, Kronii walks slightly in front while Mumei and Fauna walk beside Envy at their own pace.

The first area appears to be a graveyard in the middle of a clouded night. The sounds of crows and the howl of wolves echo through it as they continue walking.

"...Uhh, is anything going to happe-GWAK!" The proud Time Warden jumps out of her skin in fear as a fake zombie jumpscares her.

"Didn't something happen just now~?" Fauna smirks as she teases her.

"Hehe... It sounded to me like you got scared, Kronii~" Mumei completes, adding her own smirk into the mix.

"Ahem... It was just your imagination!" Kronii says as she walks further in front, causing another jumpscare to appear in the form of a zombified hand bursting from a grave, which, surprisingly, doesn't scare her... Or so it seemed.

"Hah! See Mumei? I'm not afraid!"

"...Kronii, your hand is trembling." Mentions Envy, which surprises the Warden as she didn't think he of all people could notice that... Which would mean that the other two definitely noticed it...

"...I-i just drank coffee before coming here, so I'm a little fidgety, alright?!"

"Mhm~" Mumei says.
Kronii just grumbles angrily as she tries to keep walking, but gets stopped by Envy as he grabs her by the shoulders and puts her in-between Mumei and Fauna in his stead, instead walking over to Mumei's side, tending to her left.

"...Ugh... embarrassing..." Kronii angrily mumbles to herself, though Envy catches it.

"...I will be honest though. This place is pretty scary, isn't that right, Kronii~?" Fauna teases as she fidgets ever so slightly.

"...She's afraid, even if it isn't by a lot... Her heart rate is rising, but... hers isn't. She isn't afraid of this at all... Which means she isn't like the others. She's different." Envy thinks to himself as he walks alongside them, paying attention to their vitals.

"...I can make use of that." He concludes.

Another jumpscare, this time aimed at Fauna appears, appearing out of a bush in the form of a rabid wolf, causing her to cling to Kronii and let out a small "Uuu~" sound.

Then another jumpscare, this time manifesting as a spider dropping from the ceiling right in front of Mumei's eyes.

"Oh, hi, little guy~" She doesn't display an ounce of fear as she stares at it before it rises back into the void above them. Fauna and Kronii are surprised by her ability to stay calm, especially Kronii given her... History with spiders.

Regardless of their fear (for some of them), they all keep walking, but as they do, Envy feels the need to ask a question.

"...Mumei."

"...yes?"

"...why aren't you scared too?"

"...Hm?" She stops in her tracks as Envy follows suit while the other two keep clinging and walking together.

"...Why aren't you afraid?"

"...I guess... I forget?" She says, uncertainty clear in her voice as she looks him in the eyes.

"...You forget to be afraid?"

"Yup. I often forget things... I hate it, but... I can't do anything about it."

Envy suddenly embraces her. Hugging the protector of civilization tightly. Confused, Mumei tries to break away, but Envy holds on.

"...I have another question for you."

"...what is it?"

"Are you afraid of forgetting those close to you? Their faces... their mannerisms... the memories you hold that they're apart of?"

"...Huh?" Mumei's eyes widen as she registers what he just asked.

Envy decides to keep pushing.

"...Are you afraid of forgetting yourself? Who you were... And who you are now?"

"...I-i don't understand..." He places his hand on the back of her head, letting her sink into his body warmth.

"...Do you... Feel like you're not alive?"

That question... Hit the mark. Mumei felt her eyes watering as she realized his intention... It was to comfort her.

"...Do you feel like you're the only one with issues... with problems in this world?"

Her hands slowly wrap around his chest, pulling him towards her own body.

" ...Yes..."

"Mumei, tell me... Just how much have you lost of yourself...?"

A tear rolls down her cheek as she deepens the hug.

"...I-i don't know... I don't know...!"

"...I know how it feels... To lose the things that make you up as a person... To lose memories. It hurts. You don't feel like you're real anymore. Like you're just a piece of glass... Fallen from a shattered window. It leaves a cold spot in your chest, doesn't it...?"

"...Yes! Yes..." Mumei bursts into crying, her nails digging into Envy's back to the point of drawing blood. She's never felt this way before... she's never felt understood. She's never felt alone... She had the other idols in Hololive to keep her company, but at the same time... she's never felt understood. She felt like the only person who wasn't perfect, rather... Failed, but now?

"...Mumei... Look at me."

She does as told and... Relief washes over her... He isn't lying to her. How could he be? For the first time since he's come to this world... Envy's eyes are completely white. He's being honest, true with her. He truly understands her.

She renews the hug, placing her head against his chest and listening to his heart beat. Her nails dig even further into his skin, drawing more blood as she holds him with a death grip as she sobs and laughs in happiness.

Envy starts to pat her head as he holds on to her.

For the first time in such a long time... Mumei felt comforted. To think that a man she met only a day ago could move her to tears so quickly... it doesn't matter. To her, all that matters is that... she's found someone who feels like her. Someone who isn't perfect... just like her.

"...Please, just let me stay like this for a little while longer..." She says between sobs and hiccups.

"...Understood." Envy slowly starts to sway the two of them from side to side as he silently watches over her.