Conflict

The fluid around Envy stops flowing, dissipating into the sorrounding air.

The two gaze into the other's eyes, unblinking. The girl holds an eager smile while Envy maintains his frown.

The girls, on the other hand, simply stand by, watching intently. Mumei looks like she's about to burst while Fauna is standing absolutely motionless, like a statue. Kronii is ready for the fight and Bae is standing with her arms crossed. Sana... looks really worried.

"...I will kill you today, Mercury."

"... You'll try, Envy. None of us are as weak as before. We're better. Trained to kill you because Jupiter... he was paranoid. Constantly going on and on about how you may come back... it's good to know he was right. Now... I get to take my revenge."

"...Revenge for what exactly?"

"...What...?"

For the first time, Envy smirks, a condescending expression filling Mercury's view as she looks at him from below, overshadowed by his body in the light of the red setting sun.

"..." Mercury stays silent, gritting her teeth in anger.

"...She... meant SO much to us... TO US ALL!" She grabs him by the collar of his t-shirt as they maintain eye contact, yet Envy doesn't look bothered at all, as if egging her on.

"...You know... I thought you had respect for her... even just a little, but no. No, you don't. Hahaha... your sister... you killed her... made us watch... and now you tau-!"

"So what will you do, Mercury? Kill me...?"

"..." She looks at him, dumbfounded.

"...Do you think I am afraid of death...?"

"..."

"...I escaped my fate once before... I have done so again. I won't stop until I break you down. All of you. This... I promise."

"... I'LL KILL YOU!" She breaks, summoning a large hammer coated of marble and gold, swinging it towards his head. He dodges the attack, throwing her into the air with a flick of his wrist before taking off after her.

Mercury appears right in front of him, hammer primed to hit him in the chin, only to have the hammer hit by one of the swords left laying around. In this fraction of a second, Mercury finds herself sorrounded by dozens upon dozens of blades and arrows, ready to be jammed into her body, but she manages to teleport just in time.

She appears behind him, using the handle of the hammer to choke him, but Envy flicks at the air, sending himself and Mercury plummeting towards the ground.

"Damn you!" The girl screams as she's forced to leave the choke, appearing back on the ground, standing motionless, yet alert.

Envy floats in the air gently, his arms raised slightly with the palms facing upwards as the blades from before change their trajectory to be pointed yet again towards Mercury.

The two are now at a standstill, each studying the other closely for any weaknesses.

God killer and god face each other, silent and observant, that is, until a massive root rises from the ground, catching Envy off guard and grabbing him by the waist before snaking its way towards his head. He struggles to tear it off, yet somehow can't. He even shocks it, a bolt of lightning that chars the outer layer of the hard plant tissue, only to have it regenerate and keep coiling around his body.

Once it reaches his head, a small flower grows on the tip.

"...What the...?" Mercury thinks to herself as she watches it unfold.