Time

The Time Warden leans forwards, holding the blades in her hands tightly. Her gaze fixed onto Envy as Mumei opens her mouth to yell at her to stop, Bae grinning wildly as she watches it happen, Fauna's and Sana's eyes widen at the realization that Kronii really means to kill him.

Time slows down, as do the other girls, their voices slowly being drowned out as sound stops moving.

"...Looks like I caught you off-guard, Rat. Should've been quicker to block me~" She smirks as she glances back at Bae.

Kronii's heel touches the ground and in less than an instant... Envy's head is sent flying, severed cleanly. Kronii stands behind Envy's headless body with her weapons dripping crimson from the tip.

...White and red is truly a beautiful palette.

Mumei falls to her knees upon seeing the scene laid out before her eyes. The person she cared most for, decapitated by her best friend.

She slumps over as his head hits the ground, falling out of sight while tears well up in her eyes, spilling over as she lifts her hands up to her face, hiding it from the nightmare turned reality she witnessed.

"...Huh?" Kronii feels a palm press against the back of her head, then a discharge shake her whole being. It felt like the whole world was shaking, it made her want to vomit her guts out. She falls to her knees, her sight clouded and blurred from the aftershock.

"...W-what's happening..."

"...The one thing about time travellers..." Envy's voice echoes through the barren field of white...

Mumei peels her hands away from her face, seeing Envy's body still standing... moving. From behind his headless corpse, his head coming into view as it floats back onto the rest of his body, attaching cleanly. Fumes start to rise from his neck, the tattoo on his back glowing yet again to signify his regeneration.

"...Is that they never expect you to keep moving after they're done."

Kronii gets to her knees, unable to think straight. Her legs felt weak, her stomach felt incredibly sick, her head felt like it would burst...

"...Hahah... he's fine..." Mumei sighs in relief.

"...Saw that one comin'~" Bae comments as she starts walking closer.

"..." Fauna says nothing as she watches Bae approach Envy, an almost sad look on her eyes, as if she just now understood something.

"...Stay down, Kronii. You don't want this." He bluntly says as he crouches down to her level.

"...W-What I'll do to you... I'll... break you...!"

"...You won't. Give up." He gives her another shock to the back of the head.

"...AGH!" She exclaims as her body jolts from the current, falling back to the ground.

"...It's kinda fun to watch her like this~" Bae comments as she bends over to watch the show, grinning happily.

Mumei stands up, also stepping closer to them before hugging Envy from behind.

"...Aww~ How nice~" Bae comments as she looks up to them.

"..." Fauna does the same together with Sana.

"...This is... weirdly nice..." Sana speaks her mind as she joins the circle around Kronii's nearly unconscious self.

"...Agreed~" Fauna smiles as she huddles close to Envy, leaning against him at his side while Mumei nuzzles into his back even more.

"...So what exactly did you do to her...?" Sana asks as she squats down besides Bae, holding her knees close to her chest.

"...I discharged electricity into her cerebrum."

"...Okaay... what's that supposed to do?" Bae tilts her head.

"The cerebrum is responsible for mobility and balance, meaning it's the reason why you can stand straight and walk, but it's also the reason why you can feel dizzy and nauseous. You overloaded it, isn't that right, Envy~?" Fauna answers for him just as he was about to speak, prompting him to glance at her.

"...Correct."

"...Hehe~" Fauna happily hums as she leans her head even more into him.

"...Ugh... why is this happening..." The Time Warden grumbles, her stomach twisting and turning in pain.

"...Well, maybe you shouldn't eat so many spoiled subway sandwiches~" Fauna taunts her happily as she furthers her hold on Envy, snaking her hands around his arm.

"...Hey, don't encroach!" Mumei perks up, as if feeling a disturbance in the force. She lifts her head up from the warmth of Envy's back.

"...Oh, don't be silly~ He's not yours, Is he~?"

"...Whatever." She sinks back into him.

"...Hehe... Gimme some of this love too!" The rat quickly moves to Envy's other arm, taking dominion over it like it's a game of Civilization VI.

The other two stare at her silently, yet discontentedly at her action while Sana wonders what the hell's gotten into them all.

"...This is giving me a headache..." Sana sighs heavily, making Envy finally look at her.

"...Do you want a spot too?" He asks nonchalantly.

"...Wh-uhm, no!" She quickly tries to deny the question, but it seems Bae has gotten in on it too.

"C'mon, it's the best spot... his lap~"

She can't deny... she does feel a little jealous, but... wouldn't it be nicer if... she was the one holding everybody?

Sana slowly grows in size so as to not break the ice, reaching at least six meters before scooping Envy and the others into her hand and placing them on her lap as she sits cross-legged in front of Kronii's motionless body.

"...This works too~" Bae shrugs before relaxing into the warm, her tail curling up.