A Dance for Two

Before you read this, please go back to the last chapter (not the chatbot, but the one before that). There's a bit in there that I wanted to add originally, but forgot.

~~~~~

Envy stares at IRyS from above, peering over the ledge idly as she awaits his answer.

"...Fine." He sits down close to the edge, earning a small nod from IRyS.

"...Apply force to my chest... and press my feet on the glass..." He thinks to himself as he does just that.

He uses his telekinesis and pushes his chest back, while at the same time pressing his feet against the glass to create friction, similar to how a gecko would stick to walls.

He takes a step on the frail surface, looking at it in hopes that it won't shatter under his weight, and to his relief, it doesn't.

"...Oops... I didn't ask if he could..." IRyS thinks to herself, regardless, she's thankful seeing that it's fine.

"...What would you like to dance?"

"...Hmm, nothing specific. Just... something simple... how about this? Just follow my steps, okay?"

"...Alright." He steps up to her.

"..." IRyS stays silent for a moment, gathering up the courage to initiate the dance.

"...okay..." She lifts her left arm, and Envy follows accordingly.

She presses their hands together, stretching them out to their left and intertwining their fingers, pointing far outwards.

After that, she lifts up her right hand, Envy following suit and doing the same, yet this time, they keep their hands close by.

"...This is... a little embarrassing." She says as she takes her first step, moving to the left with Envy following along.

"...I suppose so." He fills in the blank space of a receiving end. He's only doing so because IRyS is most probably one of Sana's friends... how else will he get back, if not without Sana's help?

"...You were named... Immortality. Why?"

The both of them look ahead as they take step after step, spinning in circles at a slow, paced rhythm.

"...I represented the concept of Immortality. You can assume what that means, but... I never wanted to."

"...I see, but... there was a man named Fear. Who is he?"

"...His name was David. He was a faithful man, both to God and... myself."

"..." She thinks back to the man who lay dead on that beach as they continue to dance, never making eye contact, instead just looking ahead as they spin and twirl in synchronism.

"...There was another man. You shut his eyes and... you were on a beach. Was it..."

"...D-day, yes. It was. It was also the day I became Immortality."

"...How?"

"...What?"

"....How did you become Immortality?"

"...I had, no... have a sister. She represents the concept of the human mind. She defines concepts. I'm the first concept she ever made, but that was in the original world."

"...'Original world'..." She thinks out loud.

"...Yes. Once upon a time, I lost her, but... I want to find her again. She's all I have left."

"..." She finally looks at him, though he continues to stare ahead. In his heart, she sees... a twinkle of... Hope.

"...Then... let's find her." She says, a stern edge added to her tone, prompting Envy to look at her too.

"...Thank you, but... I'm not sure she wants that." His gaze softens for a moment before returning to its usual solemnity.

IRyS looks into his heart yet again, seeing that the fragment of Hope is dissipating...

"Then we'll convince her! Together!"

She suddenly exclaims out.

"...Why?"

"Because that's what's right, no?!"

"...I suppose so." He looks back ahead.

"...How naïve..." He thinks to himself.

"..." She too turns her head to look forwards, continuing the dance in silence.

.
.
.

At the same time, Calliope wakes up yet again.

She rubs her eyes, yawning before stopping mid-yawn, a... thought passing through her maidenly mind.

"...R-right... I did do that, huh...?" She smiles a crooked smile out of worry for her undead life before looking over to see that Kiara and Gura are still asleep, though another contender has joined the fray, while one has left. Envy is gone, while Fuwawa has appeared.

"...Damn, the wine must've hit them hard." She concludes, before getting up.

She's dressed in a black nightgown and a black sleeping mask. Seems like she remembered to change before falling asleep.

She looks around the room, noting that Fauna is gone.

"...Oh, boy... do I wanna know what he's up to?" She thinks to herself before putting on a more casual attire.

.
.
.

Yet again, at the same time, somewhere in the lush greenery of the national park of Tokyo... a beautiful woman can be seen sitting on the large root of a tree.

A low lullaby leaves her lips as she pets animals that gather around her. Deer, squirrels, rabbits... sparrows that gather on her fingers and horns...

She may seem innocent, yet her thoughts betray all expectations.

"...He wants to leave, but... I don't want that. He's ours, after all~"

"...Though... he's clearly able to manipulate the other girls. He knows how to get into their heads... Mooms is already in the palm of his hand."

"...Kronii doesn't much care to stop him... for now, I believe... which means she won't aid him..."

"...Bae only cares about having fun... she shouldn't agree to letting him go, unless she thinks she can have more fun if she does..."

"...Sana... I shouldn't let them stay in a secluded spot... he'll trick her into taking him back to his world... she's his key..."

She finishes her lullaby, standing up and causing the animals to spread out and leave.

"...I love playing games like these, Envy~"

"...But you, you make them far more fun~"

She smiles. A grin uncharacteristic of her usual demeanor.

"...You're ours... forever more~'

She almost shivers with excitement at the thought of truly making him... theirs, as she says.