Nature and Picnics Pt. 3

"..." Envy keeps a straight face as he eyes the strawberry jelly sandwich given to him by Kiara.

"... It's not poisonous, Envy. It's not."

"...Alright." He stares at her chest as she speaks before taking a bite out of the sandwich... then taking another, and another. Oh, it's gone.

"...Do you have more?"

"We sure do! Here you go!" She hands him another. He takes a bite out of it before turning to Mumei.

"...Do you want some too?"

Mumei's face lights up ever so slightly as she sees his consideration. She's still bitter and jealous given the fact that he defended Fauna and held her close to him, keeping her protected from the owl, but just this simple act made her feel a little better.

"...Yes, I'll have some."

"...Here." He puts it up to her mouth.

"T-This is yours, envy... it'd be a little embarrassing..."

"...How so?" He stares at her curiously.

"...Well, you took a bite out of it already. Your lips touched it..."

"...I see. Kiara, could you give Mumei a sandwich too?"

"Hmm? Yeah, sure!" She snaps away from watching the super mario kart match that Calli and Amelia are playing, looking at him before making a sandwich and handing it to Mumei.

"Me too~" Fauna interjects, raising her hand up as she smiles.

"Comin' right up!" Another one is dispensed like fast food to them, getting passed by Envy to Fauna.

"Hey guys, shouldn't we be doing something more... like playing frisbee?" Asks Gura, looking towards Amelia. Hoping to get her to kickstart everyone into actually doing something... but no fruits bore out of that tree.

"...What's fris... bee?" Envy's attention is now on Gura, having finished his sandwich.

"...Wanna see?" Gura smirks as she speaks.

"Ina, could you give the frisbee?"

"Yup, here you go!" A portal opens right in front of Gura, a frisbee disk coming right out of it.

"Alright, let's go! Come on!" Gura quickly stands up before running into the open space of the clearing.

"...?" Envy stands up and so does Mumei while Fauna stays down.

"I'm sure you'll like it, Envy." Mumei says as they walk after the shark.

"...Right..."

"Okay, I'll stay here, you go there and you go there!" Gura points to two different spots, forming a triangle shape between all three as they get into position.

Gura lifts her hand with the disk in it to her chest before throwing it at a blinding speed towards Envy!

"How do ya like that, chum?!"

The disk abruptly stops half a meter before Envy's face.

"..." The disk suddenly shoots back to Gura, faster than before, but she catches it regardless.

"That was nice, but can YOU take it?!"
Gura once more throws the disk, aimed towards Mumei, but, to Gura's surprise, she places the palm of her hand on the rim of the disk, guiding it as she spins only to shoot it to Envy who effortlessly throws it back to Gura.

"...this is starting to get fun~!" Gura flashes a toothy grin as she starts running, throwing the disk from a closer range to Mumei, who once again catches it, spins and sends it flying back to her.

One minute later, and the three might as well be doing acrobatics givent the way that they're jumping and running around. Serving the disk with incredible agility. Mumei even curves the throw or uses the ground or nearby trees to have it bounce off and change its trajectory. Gura does sick kicks and things like side flips to kick it back to Envy, who's finally getting involved, accelerating the disk with his telekinesis while manually throwing it.

All the while, Fauna and Ina watch the show.

"...I'm sorry to ask, but how do you feel about him?" Asks Fauna as she watches the man with cautious interest.

"...I think he's interesting. Death... is something he's talked about a lot. He painted with me and he made a painting about... well, the death of a young boy, calling it a 'perfect end'."

"...How interesting."

"...When we first met him, he seemed docile until Calli mentioned that she was death's apprentice. Then he got violent."

"...So he's met something or someone related to death before? He seems like he holds a grudge against whatever it is."

"...why do you say?"

"...Hehe, I can feel it. He's angry, really angry. He's just playing along with us and I can tell, but... to think that he's so dedicated to this play... it makes me want to keep him."

"...Keep him?"

"...Hehe~" she creepily giggles as she puts a hand on her cheek and smiles.

"...Nevermind that. I agree with you. He's using us, but... it feels like he's more open, strangely so, than he would be if it was totally fake."

"...So you think he does care? Even if it's just a little?"

"...I do. He even got angry the moment a punk talked bad about me!"

"Hmm... just what kind of vendetta does he hold?"

"...I don't know."

"...Hm~ Regardless of the answer, I'd like to keep him~"

"She said that already..." Ina inwardly feels put off by Fauna's words, but she doesn't divulge.

"What do you think the deal is with his eyes?" Amelia suddenly interjects. It seems she finished another round with Calli.

"Oh, umm... I don't know, but it definitely tells you how he feels if I had to guess!" Ina says, slightly startled by the out-of-the-blue question.

"...Yep, thought so too!" She says before turning back to her game.

"...It's nice to know when he's being honest, isn't it~?" Fauna speaks up again.

"Yes, but why do you think they're like that...?" Ina wonders as her voice slightly fades, falling into silence as she ponders.

"...I don't know, but I don't mind as long as I know that he's telling the truth~"

Ina yet again feels a little put off by the Kirin's words. They feel more on the... "Don't cheat on me!" side rather than the "You're not actually using us, right?" side, but she doesn't press on.

Two hours pass by like this, Fauna and Ina keep peacefully discussing while the games, both physical and digital, get more and more heated.