E I G H T Y - T H R E E

En başından başla

"I'll be here before you know it," I laughs.

-

We spent the entirety of our day at the Bernabeu. I stood by Cris as he signed his contract with Real Madrid for the next four years. He had his presentation where he got his super cool jersey we were all already wearing. Vini, Camavinga, Tchouaméni, Federico and some of the other players gave João a tour of the Bernabeu, showing him our La liga titles, the copa del rey, the fourteen champion leagues and the rest of the trophies, they really want to see him play with a Real Madrid jersey, and so do I, if I'm honest.

After a long day, we finally head home again. "So, fourteen champion leagues," João says as he drives.

"Could be more if you join the team," Cris shrugs.

"Your sister put you up to this ?" He asks.

"This is all me," Cris says. "Look, you're talented, and I'm not saying you need my help or anyone's for that matter to get scouted, but I'm just trying to help so you don't have to go back to Atlético."

"What's wrong with Atlético ?" João asks.

Cristiano scoffs, "you must be joking, any club is better than Atlético."

"Any club ?" He raises a brow at him through the rear view mirror.

"Yes," I agree.

"Any club ?" He asks again.

"Oh my god, João yes," I groan, "even Barcelona would be a better option."

"Barcelona ?" Cris asks, "I mean yes, but we're scraping the bottom of the barrel here, I think you deserve better than that," Cris shrugs, placing his hand on João's shoulder as we arrive. "Fourteen champion leagues," Cris says in a singsong voice.

"We'll discuss this at dinner," João says getting out of the car.

"Where are you guys going ?" Cris asks.

"The three of us are going where ever you want to go," João says.

"Wait seriously ?" Cris asks, "I'm going too ?"

"Yes," João says.

"And I can pick the restaurant ?" Cris asks excitedly.

"Yes, Cris, it's your special day," João says.

"Awesome," Cris says running inside with his phone in hand.

"It's very sweet of you to turn date night into this," I tell João.

"It was never gonna be date night," he tells me pulling me close kissing my forehead, "Cris deserves it."

"God, just when I think you can't get any more perfect," I sigh, practically melting in his arms.

"Well, I'm not perfect, but I sure do try," he says holding me tight, "perfect woman deserves the best."

I grab his face bringing it closer to mine and pulling him in for a kiss. "I love you," I say.

"I love you more," he smiles pecking my lips again, "let's get ready for dinner."

"That's not fair, you always win the I love you more," I groan as he releases me and walks away.

"I just love you more," he shrugs.

"You're delusional," I laugh.

"Oh yeah," he says stopping in his tracks, "if I'm so delusional, why do I always win the I love you war ?"

"Because you never let me get another word in," I groan, "you're like such a bratty child."

"A bratty child ?" He asks, "you looking in the mirror ?"