what really happened..

Mahi was in his room when he got a call from Sakshi, "Shakshi abhi Mera mood nhi hai baat krne ka" he said sourly.

"MAHI!! There are people standing outside the house with fire sticks in their hands and throwing rocks at our house!!" She said afraid.

Mahi felt the ground slip beneath him. "S-Sakshi! Tum ghabrao mat! Mai abhi police ko call lgata hu! Or Ziva ka khayal rkhna" He said as he dialled a call to the Pune police.

(Let's just suppose his house was not in Ranchi. Rather it was in Puna)

His hands shook as he dialled the phone number and called for police protection.

He instantly left for India, he saw Rishu sitting alone outside the hotel and felt a pang of guilt for leaving his team, his second family like this. As the driver was bringing the car he went to Rishu.

"Rishu" he called out for him shakily, Rishabh wiped his eyes. "Hn Mahi bhai?"

"Kiddo boht badi problem hogyi hai. Mujhe India jaana pd rha hai." He told him as Rishu's eyes widened seeing the look of worried and tensed on his Mahi bhai's face.

He nodded and said-"Mahi Bhai! Sakshi bhabhi or Zivu ka khyaal rkhna. Or apna bhi" Mahi hugged him and left as soon as the driver got the car.

Rishu left not knowing that this will be the last time he will is seeing his Mahi Bhai for the next 20 years.

Mahi reached the airport and took the first flight to India. While waiting he tried to call Sakshi but she was not picking up. Worry started to etch his mind and soul as he boarded the plane.

Meanwhile the news was flourishing with hatredness and toxicity. India was burning.

Burning with hatred for Mahi. They were burning his poster. Along with cursing every player in the squad. Virat was heavily criticised.

Rohit was called names. Rahul was tormented. Hardik was trolled. Bumrah and Yuzi were shamed. Jaddu was a mere  howl.of laughter among groups. No one was left from the hate.

But the one who was blamed was Mahi. He was accused of Match Fixing. The most disgusting and unbelievable thing.

And the most shocking thing was that the blame was from BCCI itself.

The news channel were flooded with theories of how Mahi 'backstabbed' his teammates. Of how he sold out his country.

"Bharat ke jaane maane cricketer! Mahendra Singh Dhoni ke khilaaf jaali Kiya BCCI ne aisa ilzaam jise hamme se kisi ko bhi umeed nhi thi! BCCI ne Mahendra Singh Dhoni ko match fixing ke case Mai stand by prr rkha hai!" The new reporter said and that was the first thing Mahi heard stepping in India.

His eyes widened.

Mahi's mouth went dry, just then he got a call. "Mahendra Singh Dhoni. This Omakar Singh. BCCI head. Get here as soon as you can. I know you are in India."

And hung up before Mahi could even speak. Mahi's eyes teared up. He hunched up and sat inside the car hiding his face and rode all the way to his home first.

His heart dropped seeing the state of his beautifully set up house. He ran inside hearing a cry of a child.

His heart dropped seeing the horror struck faces of his family. He saw Sakshi at the verge of breaking into tears. His parents were in no Better condition.

Sonu was there and he was holding Ziva who was crying so much. The child didn't have any idea what in the world was going on with her family.

Mahi immediately lunges towards Sakshi and held her securely. "Mahi!!" She cried.