an apology

Mahi entered the room tiredly to find a small cake on the dressing table. With a note.

She picked up the note first.

Look lovey, I'm very bad at this cause you're literally the only person apart from my dad I'm apologizing to so I'm sorry

Look lovey, I'm very bad at this cause you're literally the only person apart from my dad I'm apologizing to so I'm sorry. I know I have been an ass but it's not cause of you. It's just that you remind me of someone I hate with all my heart but I still love her. That's why I couldn't bring myself too close to you but I have made up my mind. You're not her. You're Mahi! My roomy!! So please accept my apology and give me a second chance🥹

Mahi smiled lightly and moved to Gracia's room, Gracia was talking to someone. She knocked.

"Pakka na Chachu? Maan jayegi na?" Gracia asked Ro who said-"Are Mera purana experience hai!"

Just then she heard a knock. "Aagyi! By-by-by!" She said and hung up before moving to open the door.

Mahi stood there with a blank face. "Are you really sorry?" She asked. "You have no Idea how sorry I am" Gracia said timidly.

Mahi began crying as she hugged Gracia, she couldn't control herself. Just for tonight.

"I'm sorry for shouting!" Mahi cried hugging her as Gracia said "it's alright. Not your fault. I'm a fool!"

"No-no please I'm really sorry"

"It's not your fault Mahi please don't cry"

And they slept after having the cake.

A week later-

Mahi was working on the case, she had been getting a new name between all this tragedy.

Omkara.

He was the official head of BCCI when MSD was suspended. And he resigned soon after MSD left the country.

She has kept each and every detail of Everyone in the diary.

But this man was like a ghost tail. He had rarely an information.

She had to look into the old files now. Another task in itself.

Mahi was on her laptop when Gracia entered the room unannounced-"Mahii!!!!!"

"Don't scare me like that!!" Mahi said pushing her diary close and exiting the site before Gracia could notice.

"Oops! But anyways! I want you to meet someone!!" She said bouncing on her place.

"If it's in a club than no!" Mahi said with a glare as Gracia said-"Oh I know now! And it will just the three of us! I'm taking you to meet my new boyfriend!"

"New boyfriend?" Mahi said sternly. "Oh come on mom!!" Gracia said dragging her out.

"Stop calling me that!" Mahi said in annoyance. "Then loosen up!" Gracia said as they sat took their own cars and dropped one car at the apartment.

The cafe was really cute. There were few people around. "Are you for real?" Mahi said in disbelief.

"He is hot right?" Gracia grinned. "And a walking red flag" Mahi said sarcastically.

"Hey love!" He said kissing Gracia as Mahi groaned lowly. "Hey darling. Meet my best friend! Mahi!"

Mahi looked at Gracia startled. Does she really mean that?

"Oh hey! You look ravishing!" The guy said making Mahi frown. Unimpressed.

"Hello brother!" She said with a tight lipped smile. Gracia had to bite her lips from bursting into laughter.

They sat and listen to the self centred man go talk all about himself. After an hour of his story of how his ex dumped him Gracia had enough and threw her glass of wine on his face, "What the fuck!?" He said standing up.

Mahi just sipped on her glass of choclate milkshake like it was wine, unbothered.

"Listen here dumbfuck! I wouldn't have dumped you so soon if you weren't such a bore!" Gracia said before she dumped another glass onto him.

"Mad woman!!" He yelled before running away.

"Finally!" Mahi said getting up as Gracia asked walking out, "Why didn't you stop me?"

"Why would I?" Mahi smirked as the two smiled evilly.

They started to blast music in the car. Taylor Swift ofcourse!!

They were singing Blank Space on top of their lungs.

It's gonna be forever or it's gonna go down in flame!!

The two were having the time of their lives. Singing and dancing in the chill night.

 Singing and dancing in the chill night

Everything was fine until it wasn't. They were stopped by police. Mahi started to sweat like anything but Gracia was cool.

Gracia got out of the car yelling-"ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME!!!!?" She yelled at Raghav.

Raghav rolled his eyes and said-"Tum!! Phirse!!!"

"Inspector please please please aap dono ladna mat chalu krdijiyega!" Mahi pleaded along with a constable nodding his head.

"Mam aap dono har jagah kaise milte hai?" Raghav said glaring at Gracia who glared back.

"Kis jurm me roka hai hamme?!" Gracia asked dramatically. "Nautanki bnd kr!! Ham dono ko andr krdenge wrna" Mahi said gritting her teeth.

"Itni raat ko road PE gala phaad-phaad ke chilla rhe ho!! Roke nhi to kya aarti utaare?" Raghav said glaring at the two.

"Hn to usme konsi badi baat hai?" Gracia said unbothered, "Gracy ais anhi hota hai! Raat mai music ghr me nhi bna skte ham road le bja rhe hai! Tu chup reh!" "Sir please hamse galti hogyi! Hame maaf krdijiye!" Mahi said as Gracia glared more at Raghav.

"Dekhiye! Ye last warning hai!"

"Nhi to kya karloge?" Gracia said folding her sleeves like a stubborn kid. Mahi face palmed aa she held her back.

"Meri pyaari Mahi ko dhamki dete ho!!" Gracia started yelling, "Are wo bholi hai to tum uska fayda uthaoge??!" She yelled. As it was night and there weren't many people, it saved Raghav from embarassment.

"CHUP!!! BILKUL CHUP!!!" Mahi said making her shut up, "finger on your lips!!". "Sorry sir iski trf se bhi!! Aaj ke bdd aapse kabhi mulaqat na ho!" She said stuffing Gracia into the car who yelled-"Wrna mukka laat hogi!!!"

Afte the two left, Raghav said looking up -"He bhgwan! Inse mulakaat na ho Aaj ke baad. 1 kilo laddu chadhaunga!"