BONUS : [2037] Leave, Left

Start from the beginning

"Be careful, always. Take care. Eat well. Relax, okay?" Cavin said. 

"I get, Cavin. Don't worry about me," Sunny smiled. 

"You heard that, Merideth," Adrian said.

Sunny chuckled the moment she heard Adrian calling her with her second name. 

"I heard that, Sir."

"Take care."

💗🌷🍭🦩🦄

After a 15-hour flight, Sunny arrived at her destination. She wasn't as tired as she expected she would be. But the jet lag will trouble her for a few days. 

While waiting for her luggage, she connected to the airport's wifi and contacted her friend. Her friend has been her closest friend since she was in South Korea. After hearing what happened with Sunny, the friend offered to be with Sunny throughout her stress-free vacation. 

When Sunny contacted her, it turned out that her friend was eating at the airport at McDonald's because it was a perfect time for breakfast. 

Sunny chuckled at the imagination of her friend eating at McDonald's. 

After getting her luggage, Sunny exited the area and headed to the immigration counter. She went to one, and the moment she gave her passport to the officer, the officer bowed to her. 

"I'm sorry?" Sunny said in pure confusion. 

"Agent 989, right?" the officer said. 

"Oh my God. I'm sorry. You know me as an agent, huh?" Sunny smiled. 

"You're an inspiration for many young people working in the armed forces," he said, stamping Sunny's passport and handing it back to her. 

"Thank you. Have a great day," Sunny smiled at the officer before walking out. 

As Sunny walked to the exit, she saw her friend waving. Sunny grinned widely before rushing towards the friend with her arms wide open. And a burger was in the friend's right hand. 

"Sunny!" 

"Yuna!"

The two of them embraced each other. Sunny was so happy to see Yuna again after nearly a year of not meeting each other. 

"I'm so sorry about what happened," Yuna said, looking at her. 

Sunny chuckled, "Forget about it. We're here for a stress-free vacation. We need to heal."

Yuna smiled, "How can you be this happy after all you went through?" Yuna asked while adjusting Sunny's hair. Sunny chuckled and shrugged. 

"Come on. Let's go. Do you want breakfast?" Yuna asked her. 

"Yeah, sure. I'll get a takeaway," Sunny said to Yuna. 

"Alrighty. Let's go," Yuna said before holding Sunny's arm like a child holding their mom. 

"I can't believe that you chose this place for a vacation. And the fact that Christmas is near, you made the perfect choice of destination," Yuna said as they walked towards an escalator. 

Sunny laughed. 

"We have a lot to talk about," Yuna said

"I know. We have a lot to talk about," Sunny agreed with a grin.

It would be a lie if Sunny said she was pleased with her decision. None of this was what she planned. She just had a bitter marriage. Her marriage was broken. Even if it can be mended, she knows it won't be like before. But she won't refuse if her husband wants to fix it. 

But. 

Not now. She is too heartbroken. She's traumatized. Her first marriage with Mark went through the same thing. And this time, the same thing happened. 

She is scared. She fears that if she trusts, she'll get traumatized again. 

She doesn't know what she did wrong. She doesn't know where her weakness made her husband consider having a second choice. Sunny had said all her life. If her partner has a second choice, choose the second choice. 

Because if they love her, there would be no second choice. Sunny was more than upset. She was more than disappointed. She felt that all the sacrifices she made for her marriage and her love for her husband went to the trash bin. 

Sunny doesn't want to take immediate action like she did with Mark. She is tied with royal protocols right now. She is the queen. She has given birth to the crown prince, who will later take her husband's throne. 

For now, the castle just announced that the Queen, Sunny, will be on an extended vacation and that the public won't expect any royal couple's appearance. Just Tengku Hassanal. 

Of course, they don't want to tell the public that Sunny's marriage is ruined because the husband had an affair and had married his affair and is expecting a baby with the affair. 

Sunny just wanted space right now. 

She wants to distance herself for now. Just focus on herself. She has to sacrifice her time with her children to focus on her mental health. She's too tired. 

Especially mental health. She's just so tired. 

So, rest.