[2026] Finally Picking Up My PhD

𓈃 𝗦𝗨𝗡𝗡𝗬  ° 𔘓
𖥻 𝗂𝗇𝗍𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗂𝗇𝗀 ┊𝗦𝗨𝗡𝗡𝗬 𝗠𝗘𝗥𝗜𝗗𝗘𝗧𝗛 𝗝𝗔𝗠𝗘𝗦  ִֶָ𓂅

𓈃 𝗦𝗨𝗡𝗡𝗬  ° 𔘓𖥻 𝗂𝗇𝗍𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗂𝗇𝗀 ┊𝗦𝗨𝗡𝗡𝗬 𝗠𝗘𝗥𝗜𝗗𝗘𝗧𝗛 𝗝𝗔𝗠𝗘𝗦  ִֶָ𓂅

"Good morning," I greeted the receptionist behind the counter

"Good morning," the receptionist said before turning to look at me. The moment she saw me, she gasped and greeted me again with more enthusiasm. 

"I am so sorry. Are you here to pick up your certificate?" she asked me.

I chuckled, "Hi. Yes, I am here to pick up my certificate." 

"Alright. The chancellor is aware of your coming to pick up your certificate today. Please, join me. I'll be happy to lead you to his office," the woman said to me, getting up from her seat. 

"Sure," I smiled and turned towards Adrian to follow me. 

He nodded and followed behind. 

We had a few turns through the corridor before reaching the chancellor's office. 

The woman knocked on the door first before opening the door to inform him that I have arrived and if I should be allowed to enter. 

"Sir, Miss Sunny is here," the woman said. 

"Oh, please tell her to come in," I heard the chancellor say. 

"Miss Sunny," the woman said and opened the door wider and let me in. 

"Thank you," I bowed to her before entering the chancellor's office. 

"Miss Sunny, it's so good to finally meet you," the chancellor said to me before we shook hands. 

"Back to you, sir. How are you?" I asked him. 

"Feeling better than ever," he answered. 

"Oh, I've brought my eldest brother, Adrian with me today," I told him before letting Adrian shake hands with the chancellor. 

"It's so good to meet you two. Please, take a seat while I take your PhD certificate. Eleanor, please serve them tea and refreshments," the chancellor said. 

"Oh, please. There's no need for that. Adrian and I are in a hurry anyways. We're leaving Sabah in a while," I told the chancellor. 

"Oh, you are?" he asked. 

I turned to Adrian for him to speak. 

"Yes, sir. We're heading to Singapore in an hour. So, quite a busy day ahead," Adrian speaks. 

"That's unfortunate that we can't talk for a little while more," the chancellor said while returning to us with a hard-cover certificate folder in his hands with another file. 

"Don't worry. I'll come over one day and we can have a chat," I said to him. 

He laughs and nodded, "I'll remember that." 

I chuckled. 

"Here is your certificate along with all your dean certificates. For all four semesters of your bachelor's and two semesters of your PhD," he said while giving the hardcover file to me. 

"Thank you, sir," I said to him. 

At the same moment, the door of the chancellor's office was opened. A few people with cameras came in but the chancellor calmed me down, telling me that they wanted to update their newsletter and my photo on the front page would be nice.

After taking some photos, I was about to bid goodbye to the chancellor. 

"You're a genius woman. I would really like to sit down and chat with you one day about politics especially," he said. 

I chuckled and nodded, "I will come back to meet you." 

"I'm holding to those words." 

"I got you."

💗🌷🍭🦄🦩

I smiled while watching Hyun-woo sleeping in the bassinet. 

"He's asleep?"

I quickly turned towards the voice that startled me and hold my chest. 

"Sorry," Cavin raised both his hands. 

"Yeah, he's asleep," I answered. 

"Come out to eat," he said. 

I nodded and get up from my seat and walked out of the small bedroom. 

"You know it's-"

My jaw dropped seeing what was in front of me. 

"You have a Dr. title already. So, it's a celebration," Adrian said. 

Jasmine was grinning while holding a cake with 'congratulations' on it. It was a really beautiful cake. 

"This is a beautiful cake," I said to them

"Minimal and clean, right?" Jasmine said before I blew out the candles. 

"We'll burn down the jet. And thank you so much for the cake and celebration," I said and chuckled. 

"You have your steak there and also, a lot of fries. And McDonalds," Cavin said to me while pointing at the seat with table that I always sit. It's like my own seat already. 

"Aww, that's so sweet!" I exclaimed and laughed while getting into my seat. 

Fries, steak and McDonalds burger is in front of me.

"We'll have your cake and also McCafe's chocolate lava cake that you like too. And ice cream," Jasmine said while giving the cake to the stewardess. 

I laughed, "Wow, this is amazing." 

"Getting your doctorate degree might not be the hardest but still, it's a PhD. None of us have PhD here. Not even a Bachelor degree," Cavin said. 

I laughed and shook my head. 

This has to be one of the best days of mine. Celebration.