[2033] The Final Preparation

𓈃 𝗦𝗨𝗡𝗡𝗬  ° 𔘓
𖥻 𝗂𝗇𝗍𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗂𝗇𝗀 ┊𝗦𝗨𝗡𝗡𝗬 𝗠𝗘𝗥𝗜𝗗𝗘𝗧𝗛 𝗝𝗔𝗠𝗘𝗦  ִֶָ𓂅

𓈃 𝗦𝗨𝗡𝗡𝗬  ° 𔘓𖥻 𝗂𝗇𝗍𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗂𝗇𝗀 ┊𝗦𝗨𝗡𝗡𝗬 𝗠𝗘𝗥𝗜𝗗𝗘𝗧𝗛 𝗝𝗔𝗠𝗘𝗦  ִֶָ𓂅

"Make sure all the "dulang hantaran" are prepared by now!"

"We will make sure of it. Don't you worry about it!" Adelia replied as she walks out of my room. 

I exhaled and nodded. Dulang hantaran is a tray of gifts. For Muslims, it's a must. Not only Muslim actually. Even my family, we have 'hantaran'. Just a set of gifts for the bride and groom. 

The bride gives it to the groom. Groom gives it to the bride. 

Tomorrow is the wedding and tonight is the final preparation. I am having my hands decorated with henna. White henna. I wanted white henna since it looked more beautiful than the red one.

For five months, Tengku Hassanal and I have been preparing for our wedding. We finally decided to stop the waiting and actually, get married for real. We held a meeting with both our parents and told them that we have set a date to get married. 

Lucky for us and fortunate for us to have amazing and supportive family members, both parents, grandparents and siblings agreed and supported our decision. 

The palace of Pahang announced an official statement a week later about our upcoming wedding and at the same time, it was announced that the current king and queen will step down from their throne and Tengku Hassanal and I, will step up to be king and queen. 

The coronation will be held a month after our wedding. At first, it was supposed to be a week after our wedding. But Tengku Hassanal requested it to be delayed to a month. 

His excuse? 

"Let us go for our honeymoon first."

I gotta tell you, I snorted and blushed when he said that in front of our family, at the dinner table. And so, the coronation was brought a month after our wedding. 

"Sunny!" 

"Yes?" I replied when I heard Christine calling for me. 

"Your son has been calling for you," she said and I saw from the mirror reflection that she came into my suite with Adam in her hands. 

"Hey, Adam," I said softly when I saw his red nose and eyes. 

"Been crying, searching for you and Hassanal," Christine said as I requested for the henna artist to pause for a while. They fan my hands for a while to make them dry so I won't damage them. 

Carefully, I picked Adam up and let him sit on my lap as he started to cry again. 

"What's wrong, baby?" I asked him as I rubbed his back gently. 

He didn't answer but continued to cry on my shoulder. 

"Alright. You can be with mommy here," I said to Adam. I looked at the henna artist, "Can we continue this later? I need to attend to my son here first," I told them.