Chapter 35: A Rare Chance In Fate

The twins had drafted up the plan to get rice for their mother but initially this was because they wanted test their abilities and nothing else. Their brothers, Geri and Freki were there to supervise them and Wynter was here to display how far she had come. The twins arrived at the run down Adventurer's Guild branch which looked more like an inn than anything else, they strolled right in and were met with a cluster of noises. Newbie adventurers running from request boards, veterans drinking after a quest, waiters serving food to those adventurers.

A sudden silence rode over the guild as the pair entered it and headed towards the counter where they find the young receptionist who picks up on the atmosphere and attends to them immediately.

"Welcome to the Adventurer's Guild, how may I help you?"

"We would like to register as adventurers"

"Is it possible to do that here?"

"I am sorry but you cannot register here since we do not have the authority to do that yet. However we can give you a letter of recommendation so you can register in the capital"

"Alright then"

"Thank you for the information, we would like to do that. Right now if you can."

"Okay please head over here."

The twins replied after each other with Kuroe beginning the conversation and Shiro following up after her. The receptionist slowly tucked them to a silent corner of the guild where they wouldn't be seen. Taking note that they were abnormal in the sense of the word as they had an aura of power to them, Kuroe orders a glass of grape ale with Shiro ordering some food. The documents were set in front of them as they began to work on signing stuff.

"That was a bad impression onee-chan"

"Totally! I didn't think we would both forget to turn off the Demon Lord aura thing, anyways where were these guys when the attack was happening?"

"Most likely evacuating the villagers and boarding up the guild."

Kuroe replied with the brutal truth, the guards would have lost their lives. For a village they had the capability of becoming a city that was how large this place was, a lot of space, a lot of people and a lot of resources. The guards were already stretched out thin by just how huge of a place they had to protect. It was inevitable for a scenario like today would happen again. Kuroe writes through her registration form quick as she finally drinks the grape ale they have, Shiro had also finished her's just in time too.

"Please we would like you to send these to the receptionist if you can"

"I will"

"Thank you"

Shiro was happily eating at this moment and didn't have the time to talk, Kuroe smiled as she also ordered the same thing that her sister chose. They ate peacefully before finishing their food and cleaning their plates with magic leaving them on the table they sat on. The twins headed towards the reception where the same receptionist stood waiting for them, she handed them their registration papers.

"Why is it not possible for us to register right here?"

"The law within the country is weird, we just comply with it."

"Ah understood. Thank you once again. We will make our way to the capital then. Mind telling us the way?"

Kuroe asked giving a charming smile with a sudden blush from the receptionist a fluster of words came out of her for a while before she providing them with a map and laying them a path to the capital.