Side Chapter 12: The Paths of The Rejects And Heroes Part 1

Side Chapter 12: The Paths of The Rejects And Heroes Part 1: We Are All Becoming Stronger To Settle A Score

The new age of magic had begun after the tournament that occurred at the Academy City of Vivicetto, the resurgence into the research of summoning magic. Entirely new divisions of magic had been created in pursuit of this art, the art that could summon a god. It wasn't as if summoning magic was dead before, the art was simply discarded as art for summoning heroes and small familiars. This development was built on a summoned hero's defeat, Tadashi's humiliating defeat. The months hadn't been good on him, his true personality revealed for the world to see he was unable to stay for long in the spotlight, the same could go for Nagi. The people's bright and clear eyes on him were either of clear disgust or pity or a mix of both with a side of hatred.

Tadashi stared at Nagi who checking his back every 5 minutes or so. The mental damage Minami had done on him still showed its ugly scars, ruffled hair, bags under his eyes and unhealthy obsession with being clean at all times. Tadashi only suffered a blow to his reputation but Nagi suffered one on his mind as well. They were both training inside of this Forest Demon Lord's dungeon, just the two of them.

"Ichinose-kun we have to set up camp now"

"W-who spoke?!Where are you blasted demon?!"

Tadashi sighed as he touched his forehead and moved in closer to grab his shoulder, the response was a quick slash that was unleashed by Nagi's unstable mind. He had managed to dodge it at point blank and swiftly kicked Nagi's legs sending him crashing to the ground.

"H-Hey!"

"Once you're done being an idiot help me set up camp"

"W-Why should I the G-Great Nagi help you?"

"Cause you got no one else dude"

"Y-You have a point"

"C'mon we better find that Great Fairy or whatever to heal you otherwise we will have a dilemma on our hands"

To make matters worse was that those guys were certainly getting stronger, whilst Tadashi was under incognito in adventuring he heard the type of quests the Rejects were taking. Hunting down Elder Dragons and Giants in far places coming back a couple days later, they were being backed by what could be assumed to be a supernation. It was honestly depressing when he thought about it. The clouds of war were looming and they, the heroes could feel that they were fast approaching hence the need to release the chains of the heroes and letting them grow stronger on their own by risking their lives in this way. The more concerning part was their teacher, the dark elf who went by the name Sinoharl Yukiyo.

The footage of that woman was so terrifying most of the heroes who saw it quit on the spot, no one wanted to deal with that thing. They all knew that she was abnormal in the greatest sense of the word, there was a quality of unrivaled power about her that made them sure that they would lose the moment they tried to fight against her. The lack of openings, the experience in terms of battle, as well as an invisible aura of authority one could tell that if they were not within the realm of superhuman heroes they would die without so much making her serious. From the information shared to him by the top brass there was a group of hero assassins that were sent to her nation right at this moment, he believed that they were all going to die or worse. Only a handful of them were left to defend the Cornelia Empire and its surrounding nations.

"Say Nagi"

"W-What is it?"

"Do you think you fight Funamori-chan the way you are right now?"

"Slightly."

"What about their teacher?"

"No."

"Thought as much. I just want to get back at Toshit because I am super pissed at him"