Side Chapter 4: Rejected But Not Weak

The Academy City of Vivicetto was a word that passed by the mouths of both nobles and commoners, it wasn't a place that one could casually go because it was flying in the sky constantly held up by a lost magic that only the principal of the school knew and passed on for generations. It was a prestigious school for the elite youngsters who could change the fate of the world below, of course it wasn't a city that was filled to the brim with students because that would be ridiculous. Before it became known as the Academy City of Vivicetto, it was the City of Vivicetto that engaged in the study of magic as well as the technology of the ancients who existed in this world far longer than any of the current people of the world they called home. It had people living inside of it who belonged to it and helped it function as a city. This was the kind of place that Ryou and the others had found themselves, at the moment they stood at the entrance of the academy itself. They were pretty accomplished in terms of the outside world and were high ranking in adventurer status donning different monikers so people could not immediately associate them with the current generation of heroes but that was about to end.

"So are we going to stand here all day long or what?Let's get inside and get it over with"

"Yeah you're right"

"With this power I am pretty sure we can handle any youngster who is in our way"

"But Minami-chan you are also a youngster too"

"Quit loitering around Mochizuki"

"But I am only telling the truth here!Okay okay okay I am going!"

"Are you coming along too Ryou-chan?"

"Yes I am"

This was a place where they could potentially meet their old classmates, a place where they would confront the past that they left behind them to continue on into the future. Ryou smiled as he had friends he could trust with his life and moved forward.

The examination area was a wide space that seemed to accommodate for every type of person, a circle with black square tiles each encrypted by a damage negation spell inside of them only visible to a user with magic eyes. The examination of new students usually happened right on the weekends so everyone could see their new challenger, something that was a tradition to the ones who lived here already knew. The second semester had started with a generation of heroes summoned from another world attending the school, and all passing with flying colors. But midway into the semester new students had been submitted into the school by someone who was pretty high up in the Adventurer's Guild. They had been breezing through the ranks of the Adventurer's Guild, their strength was real and they had solved numerous cases together as a party. Everyone including those in the Hero Generation Classes were curious to see who these people were.

"Alright the examination may begin now, we will call you by your assigned number and you will head out and introduce yourself to the world. Remember no false names here because we will know immediately that you are lying, so no funny stuff okay?"

The voice of the principal boomed out as he too was watching this happen equally as curious as the rest of the students in the Academy City.

"No. 876"

The entrance of the girl who entered the arena wowed the people including the hero generation who were usually unfazed by anything they saw in this world, however some of them began whispering amongst themselves. Words of familiarity were riding on their tongues as she looked like someone they knew probably dead somewhere in a far away forest.

"My name is Funamori Minami, pleased to meet you. I will promptly defeat anyone who is in my way"

A synchronized gasp could be heard coming from a section of the Hero Generation Class, they knew who she was and were afraid of her making the principal even more interested in her.