Chapter 19: Unexpected Invasions Are So Fun

"WHAT?!WHAT DO YOU MEAN THAT WE HAVE HAD OUR NOBLES PURGED?!"

The message that he was given was so out of touch with reality that he didn't want to believe it, it was a nightmare scenario that it was a joke to his face. How could the nobles who had only just tightened their defenses be already dead?!

"WAS THERE A RAT?!WHO IS THE SPY?!"

"We couldn't find the spy or any traces of such a person...."

"I do not understand how such a thing is even possible!!You must be joking me right?!The nobles are not dead right?!"

"......."

The messenger let out a struggling breath which made Keith realize this wasn't the case, images of the deceased nobles were flashed right before his eyes with the surveillance orb that had been placed within the plaza of each noble's city or town. He grabs his already thinning hair and groans as he watches what has been done to those nobles, not all of them had died but the ones who were left were all beastkin apologists who wanted to free them and make them first class citizens just like the humans. He was disgusted by the bunch really, he didn't want to gather them together to form a group of people who would protect the city states together because they had the chance of.......wait wasn't this their fault?How else would the nobles he trusted be slaughtered in their sleep like this? A rebellion that was occurring in the secret, he only had his armies and knew where the beastkin apologists were. To Keith this was the right moment to purge them as well and start over again but the main issue he was afraid of was the beastkin nation that would be on the verge of becoming an empire again. It was something that scared him especially knowing that they had something up their sleeve. A nightmare he couldn't shake off by waking up and seeing reality for what it was, the room felt cold and intense. All of the beautiful paintings of begone battlefields he passed through were nothing compared to this, the tea in his cup had grown to become cold as well he pushed it to the side and stared into the orb once more to see the dead nobles in their plazas with people celebrating at their deaths.

"Give my army a day's notice that we will begin marching to the territories where the beastkin apologist nobles are. We are going to kill them just like they killed their brothers and sisters. Then after that we will invade the beastkin kingdom and finally bring their filthy beastly necks under our heels."

"Yes Sir!"

The knight left the room and began to run to fulfill the message.

"I know I am being ambitious but now's not a time to be cautious I have to pull through for the future"

If he couldn't at least do this then what could he do?Keith needed to also inform Peterson about his plans, he would willingly leave the brat out of the loop because he felt like things would go awry if he included him in it. He would place his own son as the next lord after killing that incompetent idiot. It had to be done. For now all he had to do was mentally prepare himself for the war that was about to hit his doors.

"Okay then I will now give out the layout of the plan that will be played out tomorrow at dusk"

"Why dusk?"

The Queen, Cimeria asked with a tone of curiosity as to why I had chosen dusk of all times. And my answer would be very simple.

"For a theatrical reasons"

"Theatrical reasons?"

"An army of beasts and darkness appearing from nowhere at dusk has the effect that I need. Will your armies be ready by then?"