Side Chapter 10: Trouble for the Hero!

Side Chapter 10: Trouble for the Hero!Ruin rises to bring about the destruction of the will!

In clear hindsight it wasn't wrong to assume that one was better than everyone else when they are at the top and treated differently. This was much more worse said person was within a world that emphasized strength more than anything else, power came with glory and fame. It was commonplace for the people who were to be seen as either assets or threats, those were weak had to obey the strong no matter how outrageous or insane a claim they had on their lives. However this was not a case of the strong being reminded that there were always entities who were stronger, it was a clear surprise of how the frail took the throne of power from seemingly out of nowhere and what a display of absolute dominance that was. Yamamoto Asagi could see the patten that was going on here, the ones they had discarded returned with even more strength. He was second to the last runner up who seemingly became disinterested in the tournament out of nowhere after his fight with Tadashi-senpai but now things were headed in a direction that he did not like. He rose from his seat and walked towards where he was to be, Asagi was a very active member of the football club. His tanned skin was testament of how much time he spent in the sun, he never dyed his hair, he was fairly tall and would usually have a bright smile on his face but this was not the place and time to be showing it off. His ability was the most terrifying to any mage in existence that is the total negation of magic and its flow whilst keeping its advantages and making his attacks stronger. This would in turn force his mage opponents to massively physical fight against him which would turn pretty badly very quickly. It gave him the title: Mage's Bane.

In the eyes of those who were not as similar minded as Asagi he was a nuisance who forced his views on others and thought it was his right to guide those who did not listen the way. In no manner of thought did he ever think what he did was wrong. If you agreed with his views then he was a "good guy" who just wanted the very best for you and you were foolish for ignoring what he had to say. That was how Asagi worked as a person, of course saying this to his face he would merely be confused by it. The crowd which was silent began to talk amongst themselves, all this time they had been dumbstruck by the marvels they had watched happen right before their eyes. The whispers began to circulate from all over, "Are the heroes actually too weak?" "Is this the future of humanity?"

"How will they face the new demon king if their rejects are beating them to this extent". Such comments were rooted in the absolute truth, at this rate the new born Demon King would defeat them with ease. The summoning of a foreign god, the death of an angel, the mental disintegration of the psychomancer and the most recent defeat of a demonic assassin were all enough to show them that they had been afraid and giving respect to these people for nothing. In the end they were nothing more than students just like them, it was a realization that was gaining more and more traction with the passing of time. They watched on anticipating yet another fantastical defeat at the hands of a person they could have known and be excellent friends with. On the side of the representatives they had merely become spectators to horrors they had never seen before and kept quiet about it unlike the commoners all around them. It was fair to be scared when you are trapped within a place that could just decide to turn to being hostile was natural.

Asagi stood in the arena's grounds waiting for whoever was going to come out of the entrance. He was confused by the actions of those who were rejected by the gods of this world, he wanted to thoroughly question one of them. He produced a basketball that he began to bounce, each time it hit the magic tiles the questions began circling even more. He bounced it once more but then something odd happened: the arena vanished and everyone was left in midair for a couple minutes. The shock ran across his face as well as the others, then it began to reconstruct itself rapidly. The seats were more comfortable, one could sleep in them. The walls looked sturdy with a once visible barrier being erected on the grounds of the arena. An instant renovation and improvement, whoever did this was fairly talented in the mastery of magic. Asagi stood unimpressed holding the basketball he had in his hands before popping it as he grasped his fist, he stared at the entrance hearing the heavy imposing footsteps of whoever was on the other side.