Chapter 30: Scheming A Nation's Downfall

The hours of night had covered the land, the fields took on a beautiful form. Tall grass swaying in the wind, crickets singing deep into the night, the full moon's light showed it in all of its serene glory. This beauty was accompanied by an immense danger, the army of undead had already been gathered up and now the preparations of a complete invasion were underway. Nothing could be said about this afternoon, it all went accordingly to plan. This undead swordsman created by his superior Odin wanted to complete his role so he could be the ideal warrior. He felt the experience rush of killing many soldiers and growing stronger than when he first started out. Only when the arrow of the goddess hit him did he remember that the plan was still in place.

"You did well, and nice acting too"

Speak of the devil she was here, her aura was unique to say the least he turned his head to his left to see the person who was akin to a god to him. Normally the undead were harsh creatures that thought nothing but destruction and spawning of more undead however that was not the case for this undead, he had thoughts and emotions. To a certain extent he even had a fair degree of theatrics in how he acted. He bows before this goddess with reverence. She was the one who created his superior Odin and gave him his power.

"Oh please don't act like that, you're kinda like a little brother to Odin. So don't be so formal, though I could say that you do need a name cause I can't just call you it all the time....."

A name? He didn't need it and yet there she was giving him one, something he didn't deserve to get until he accomplished something, just how much kindness would she bestow upon him a lowly undead knight. Yukiyo remembered one of Odin's aliases from myth and smiled, she took out a gold spear with a mythril tip.

"Open your hands, I got the perfect name for you. I like your sword skills but we can't have two Odins running around so your name will be Bolverk. This will be your weapon Gungnir. Early happy birthday present for you."

Bolverk grabs Gungnir immediately transforming at a rapid pace, now his armor was golden with black lining, his right eye socket now had an red eyeball inside, the left had the usual blue flame inside of it. Yukiyo clapped her hands in pure joy. Bolverk could feel the change in his body, he had grown even stronger in this short period of time. Was it because he gained the right amount of experience or was it because Yukiyo had fulfilled the conditions of his evolution? He didn't know but what did know was that he was extremely grateful to her. She cared for him like a real mother should and Bolverk knew this, he could feel her compassion and wanted to pay it back in words and actions.

"This is good. You evolved because of my meddling Bolverk."

"Thank you for your great kindness"

Those words were from the bottom of his soul, he meant them. Yukiyo was taken by surprise at first but quickly recovered and began to speak her mind out.

"You can talk now. I am glad that you grew even more. Now then what I actually came here for. Odin and you are gonna lead the undead army from the border killing any resistance you find, make sure you don't kill the villagers except the ones who are being haunted by the spirits of elves and beastkin, also torture any criminals you meet along the way."

"Understood"

Bolverk bows once more as Yukiyo pats his skull with a curious gaze in her eyes. Evolution is a very interesting process that happens, it makes her happy to see it.

"Also I am going to be setting up an army in the middle of the nation I want all of you to converge there, the signal is a Dark Matter Eye in the sky. With that done I'll see you on the battlefield, polish your skills Bolverk. We will be sparring again when we meet"