Chapter 22: And just like that I realized I am dark elven royalty

"So you're headed towards the elves to unite them so you can go to war against humanity, you are certainly interesting but I do believe they have been in power for far too long."

"Yes I am cleaning up Lythalia's mess"

"But first before you go to the elves' nation you have to visit the dark elves. You'll have even more success convincing them first"

"Ah, you're right"

"I just met you kids and I am already going to miss you"

"Don't worry Grandmother we will drop by when things have settled down"

"Grandmama I will bring souvenirs for you when I come back here!"

"Such cute children, and Shen make sure you-"

"Please don't ask that of me honestly"

"Seems she is still shy, Yukiyo I trust you will do the deed when the time comes?"

"Of course she is mine after all"

"My sister has grown up to be a fine woman, she'll make a fine wife. Let's share her together Yuki-chan"

"Sure"

"Elder sister I demand you seal your mouth before I do it myself"

"You're so adorable when you are threatening me"

"As you........if I recall you are Edmond's daughter are you not?"

"You knew my father?"

Notte appeared surprised as she heard her father's name being mentioned by Shen's mother who seemed to have a familiar gaze cast down on her.

"Yes I knew him, he wanted my alliance but failed because of my husband. However I am quite sure you have succeeded in where he failed, you're rather lucky that you passed that dark elf's path or maybe it is fate itself."

"Indeed, I shall depend on you in the future Your Majesty"

"Likewise"

"Now then let's make a trip down the dark elven kingdom!"

"Thank you for accepting us Grandmother"

"Even though we are of a different race than you"

"I am very accepting, you are all adorable children in the end."

She patted the Fenrir brothers who smiled at her doing so. Odin was drifting his gaze elsewhere as Wynter and Sev were now discussing about what this could mean for their respective nations. Both of the sisters hugged their mother who cried a little after not seeing them for a very long time before waving goodbye to the sisters once more and now focusing on reconstructing the obelisk that was just destroyed by Shen.

The dark elven kingdom of Sinoharl had been in distress over the last few months, reason being that the Queen who had ruled the nation alone had died under an illness not even she could cure and her daughter Selanis hadn't returned from her journey of strength yet. Everything from meetings with the elder council members to daily management of the nation had fallen onto Mist's hands, initially she wanted to go with Selanis on her journey because she would escape her duties as the person who would manage the nation when something bad happened but the Queen knew that to be the case and decided to make her stay via order. And behold the Queen died due to her illness and left the nation in her hands, there were stacks of stacks of documents that needed to be signed by her, things that needed to be checked before she just ok'ed it and approval stamps for things that needed to be done. This was hell. Not only her desk but also the surrounding area was filled with similar documents, when things looked like they would finally let up another set would appear from out of nowhere thus continuing her despair.